On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

I got one from Best Buy today. To good of a deal to pass up and have two birds in the air until I need parts on one of them for whatever reason.

Can you confirm if the one you got has the GPS rev B board?

I'm looking at getting one from Bestbuy or Amazon for the 599$ price with gimbal. Currently have a hexacopter with a pixhawk I built and been eyeing the solo for something more compact but I'd much rather try to snag one with the updated GPS board as obviously they update for a reason / the reported GPS issues with the rev a board. I'm sure I could return it to amazon if I opened it and found a rev a board but not sure if BEstbuy would accept a return after already opening it. Thanks.

Was looking at possibly getting a gopro 4 if I snag a solo at the current deal price but then considering I've seen mention of a gopro 5 rumored for october I think I'd have to wait on that (already have a gopro3 I could use in the meantime) but then there is the issue of the gopro 5 possibly being different size / weight and not compatible with the gimbal. Ugh. Ha.

You can wait for gopro 5, but chances are decent it won't work in the current gimbal since there have been a lot of rumors about a different form factor. The gopro5 has been delayed and delayed and delayed.

Can you confirm if the one you got has the GPS rev B board?
I believe its a non-issue to delay a purchase based on a B version GPS. I'd imagine 3DR would or will offer an upgrade at some point, if not there are DIY versions that appear better. FWIW the A version is fine, it's simple fix if you had a problem.

Either way I'm interested as well and will know by tomorrow evening....I'm hoping. Will relay my findings.

Jubair, Black shows CW, Silver shows CCW..should be opposite.
Ding, Ding, DIng.. We have a winner.. I suspect the photographer just set the props on for the picture and they weren't even screwed on.

The props are appear to me to be in the correct location, but check out the directional arrows on the starboard side. They are not pointed in the correct direction.

The props are appear to me to be in the correct location, but check out the directional arrows on the starboard side. They are not pointed in the correct direction.
Correct, props spin opposite arrows.

The arrows are the direction you hand spin the props to attach them to the motors. They are NOT the direction of rotation in flight.

The arrows are the direction you hand spin the props to attach them to the motors. They are NOT the direction of rotation in flight.
Yes, I said spin but should have used rotate to avoid confusion for some. Though in flight they are definitely 'spinning'.

I have the H and love it. I Have a solo as well, that I upgraded the wifi cards alone with other upgrades. I love them both but still I couldn't pass up this deal. The Typhoon H and the Solo are beast and a lot of fun to fly.
Happy flying.

I have the H and love it. I Have a solo as well, that I upgraded the wifi cards alone with other upgrades. I love them both but still I couldn't pass up this deal. The Typhoon H and the Solo are beast and a lot of fun to fly.
Happy flying.

When you upgraded the wifi cards did you put glue on the connections to the card to secure them?

I have picked up two from best buy, one from online and one from a local store and they are both have the green board. I also picked up one from amazon and its the green board also.

Righto, got it. Still don't think A is bad. I have had good results, sometimes it may take a few minutes to acquire GPS lock but I've learnt to deal with it.

3DR should offer Revision B as an available part. Do they not want to make money? I'm sure there would be lots of people upgrading. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have learn to deal with it but I feel the wait takes from the flight time because it is consuming batteries as it waits to get a gps lock. If they have a fix why not offer it to us the users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M