No video feed. Have checked EVERYTHING. Stumped.

did you find a solution? it seems like i have the same problem. I have a picture on my iphone(3 phones was changed) displayed before pressing the "record" button. As soon as I start recording - the image in the 3DRSolo_App disappears, but at the same time, the camera control continues and recording continues.
today I'm going to try with another Gopro.

did you find a solution? it seems like i have the same problem. I have a picture on my iphone(3 phones was changed) displayed before pressing the "record" button. As soon as I start recording - the image in the 3DRSolo_App disappears, but at the same time, the camera control continues and recording continues.
today I'm going to try with another Gopro.
This sounds like the well-known iOS vs. GoPro bug. There are three possible solutions:

(1) Set your GoPro to a lower video resolution and/or a lower frame rate. My Hero 4 Silver works at 1920×1080 at 30 FPS, but at any higher setting the live video feed goes black when the record button is pressed. Your settings may need to differ, due to other variables involved.

(2) A workaround which *usually* works is to press the record button, and when the video feed goes black, exit the app on the iPhone (without stopping the recording!), and re-start the app. This makes the app correctly display the live video feed (already in progress). It's annoying to have to do this, but it's safe if you do it quickly, and make sure the Solo is not near any obstacles that it might drift into during the few seconds it takes to exit and restart the app.

(3) Dump the iPhone and the 3DR Solo app, and get an Android device and the Solex app. (I personally have not done this, since the above workarounds keep me happy, but I mention #3 because almost everybody else on this forum strongly recommends this solution to the problem).

Please let us know if #1 and/or #2 above work for you.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela