no streaming video to iphone x after ios update

Reaction score
Bug in the 3DR app. May never be fixed. One solution is to start recording directly on the GoPro before you start the app. That's what I have to do to make it work.

Reactions: drdarren
Apple often has incompatibility issues, it's best to have something else dedicated to this bird. If you come up with a solution there is a good chance you could have another issue later on. I'm sorry I dont know a fix for you, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Reactions: tjones
Hi all, i was searching the forum for an answer but most of the posts were from last year. After updating to ios 11.2, i can no longer stream video from my gopro to the iphone x or ipad mini. Once i turn the cam on, it shows on the ios device but as soon as i hit record the screen goes black. I picked up a cheap phone(Huawei ) that was recommend for another drone and it works great with no streaming issues but i would like it to work on my ipad mini or iphone as well.

Any advice?
Somebody posted a fix for this not long ago but I can't find it.
After the screen goes black, try shutting down the Solo app and then restarting it.

If not, check out this thread: https://3drpilots.com/threads/ios-11.11495/#post-119802

Last edited:
Reactions: drdarren
Thank you all for the suggestions . I’ll check out those other apps .

Hi!
This should work:
"After the screen goes black, try shutting down the Solo APP and then restart it."
It might be that you have to restart the APP twice. Then you will get the picture back, at least until you stop recording.
The last iOS that worked was 10 - and 3DR said that they most likely does not post an update to the Solo APP so it works with iOS 11.

well I have switched to side pilot and seems great with no video issues, although It may have glitched when I switched to photo mode from video mode. Seems like a great app so far though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc