No GPS out of the box and more

OK, I got her flying this morning, all I can say it is an awesome machine!
I found out that when first getting this drone to start up it is like some here say, very sensitive, but once I took it to a large parking area, away from trees, high wires, buildings and basically at least 60 feet away from even my truck and presto no Magnetic Interference!!
a lot of good info here on this website, so I'm grateful to one and all.
also to get video you really have to push that connecter in firmly to the GoPro.
Glad you got it in the air.
Happy Flying!

OK, I got her flying this morning, all I can say it is an awesome machine!
a lot of good info here on this website, so I'm grateful to one and all.
also to get video you really have to push that connecter in firmly to the GoPro.

Hey Michael. Lots of us have had the issue of the HDMI connector not pushing in all the way but in most cases it's just that the camera is not positioned correctly and the frame is partially blocking the port. One of the best bits of advice I picked up on the forum is to make sure the front of the camera is perfectly flush with the front of the frame. Since I've been doing that, no more issues getting the hdmi cable into the GoPro easily.

Hey Michael. Lots of us have had the issue of the HDMI connector not pushing in all the way but in most cases it's just that the camera is not positioned correctly and the frame is partially blocking the port. One of the best bits of advice I picked up on the forum is to make sure the front of the camera is perfectly flush with the front of the frame. Since I've been doing that, no more issues getting the hdmi cable into the GoPro easily.

Hey KRVer, I did find that post about the Gopro being flush and ensure the hdmi is in all the way. Now I just have to remember to push record on the Gopro.
I do have a couple of questions, how do you save the video to the phone? And how do you view the flight logs? I've been running through the posts here but haven't run across the answers to my questions, thanks!

I do have a couple of questions, how do you save the video to the phone? And how do you view the flight logs? I've been running through the posts here but haven't run across the answers to my questions, thanks!

I believe the Solo app for iOS has an option to record camera roll - perhaps others can confirm this. Not available yet on Android until gimbal that talks to GoPro is available (I believe). For now on Android, I'm using a screen recorder called ilos - available from Google Play - when I want to record my flights from the control perspective. This records the entire screen, however, not just the video feed. Useful for looking back over a flight to review distance, speed, RSSI, satellites, etc.

For actually obtaining and reviewing logs, that info has been discussed in a number of places - search this forum for Mission Planner and logs - or perhaps someone else will chime in here.

I believe the Solo app for iOS has an option to record camera roll - perhaps others can confirm this. Not available yet on Android until gimbal that talks to GoPro is available (I believe). For now on Android, I'm using a screen recorder called ilos - available from Google Play - when I want to record my flights from the control perspective. This records the entire screen, however, not just the video feed. Useful for looking back over a flight to review distance, speed, RSSI, satellites, etc.

For actually obtaining and reviewing logs, that info has been discussed in a number of places - search this forum for Mission Planner and logs - or perhaps someone else will chime in here.
OK, Thanks.

I had the same issue with my drone and I stuck a piece of cardboard in my drone which blocked whatever interference there may be. I heard it worked so I tried it. My drone does connect a lot faster with satellites and I haven't heard any issues with it so far. Check it out, it's on Youtube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo