No gps connection and alarm goes off..

Reaction score
My DR3 solo wont connect to gps and an alarm keeps going off After a small crash. Ive checked all the wires and all looks good. Everything trys to boot normal until the alarm sounds off. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

The alarm started going off more frequently awhile ago. It is definitely irritating. I couldn't figure it out. I thought of just cutting the wires to the speaker, but that would be stupid. Then I thought I'd just crank my music up so I wouldn't hear the alarm. But I realized that would be stupid as well. The bird would connect to the controller, and then the alarm would go off. I was like, " What the fk? Over." The solution came to me as I was contemplating the situation while partaking of a mood-altering leafy substance. It was the flight battery. I had tried different batteries and always got the same results with this particular solo and not with other solo's. Turns out that this puppy is a tad more sensitive than the others. Probably assembled at the factory by a chick, but I couldn't say for sure. All I know is that when I started getting replacement batteries to do the mod with, and using the new batteries on this bird, the alarm sounding shit stopped. Pretty cool, imo. Good luck to ya, man.

Uh. Maybe you're smoking too much. You're talking about the low battery alarm, which is not what the OP is talking about. The OP is talking about the GPS disconnected alarm, which sound when the GPS is not plugged in or broken. It exists mainly to remind 3DR's assembly and repair techs that they forgot to plug it back in.

Ive checked the wires and the plug they all look normal. I wonder if i should change the gps board and wire harness???

Uh. Maybe you're smoking too much. You're talking about the low battery alarm, which is not what the OP is talking about. The OP is talking about the GPS disconnected alarm, which sound when the GPS is not plugged in or broken. It exists mainly to remind 3DR's assembly and repair techs that they forgot to plug it back in.
Now wait a minute here. We'll get to the alarm sounds in a second, but first I have to know is it really possible to smoke too much? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard. I shall contemplate your hypothesis whilst partaking of some delicious 9th street rooftop. (so named because I live on 9th st and grow it on my roof). Ok then, I was unaware that there are two different alarms. I might disconnect my GPS and see what that alarm sounds like just for the fk of it. But anyway, thanks for clarifying the issue for me. By the way, I have always wondered where you got your handle from? I'm thinking it has something to do with shifting in a car or something. You know, like going from clutch peddle shifting to paddle shifters. Am I close?

It's from before I hurt by back and became a fatass. I biked and kayaked a lot.

I does make the same alarm when i unplug the gps but when its connected everything looks good... GO 9TH STREET

Reactions: artcuda
It's from before I hurt by back and became a fatass. I biked and kayaked a lot.
Rock on. I was way off base, lol. I hear that Meth is a good way to keep the weight off. Probably because it rots the teeth so ya can't eat, idk. Just a thought, tubby.

Any advise on how to test the gps before ordering a new one. The one in it looks perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40