AbsChg: 51%
Date: 2015-7-27
Cycles: 10
Lovest V record
3.5V is default
3.473V 2.998V
3.216V 3.441V

atleast know with wich one send on longer mores serious flight
will try some test fligh today (last disance test flight was with battery Nr #1)
You need a battery mod or two :)

Yep, already collected info needed based on this post - 3DR Solo with LiIon 9000mAh battery | up to 30min flight time
Will be building 4S3P 9000mAh LiIon based on 18650, but in offseason (autoumn, winter)... will se :)
That is a cool mod. Have you seen the quick and easy Lipo cell replacement using the BMS from an old Solo battery? The result is a battery that acts exactly like a new Solo battery. 2 of those batteries you tested won't give you much time in the air this season.

Nice job on the camera mount by the way.

That is a cool mod. Have you seen the quick and easy Lipo cell replacement using the BMS from an old Solo battery? The result is a battery that acts exactly like a new Solo battery. 2 of those batteries you tested won't give you much time in the air this season.

Nice job on the camera mount by the way.
Yep, saw that. But I think, I`ll go tha way written down on second page + have more mAh.
Thanks, apritiate that

Reactions: Robpower
Thats me with the red car at the bottom :)
UP002451_1800.jpg

My colleague, working at IT, living on countrysdide, growing Latvian lamb, owning first private observatroty in Latvia - had spring "StarParty", the theme - "Life in the Universe"
Was nice suny, but windy day - i had my usual job to do, photo the event + this time make some areal shots
UP002498_1800.jpg

UP002477_1800.jpg

Last edited:
hi @Robpower
How is your flying going?
Wanted to ask, maybe you know how stabilization is achieved here -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Maybe this can be added also to our gimballs and could also add servo for roll axis.
All I can think about - adding some parametters in Mission Planer

hi @Robpower
Maybe this can be added also to our gimballs and could also add servo for roll axis.
It is a simple Servo Gimbal setup in mission planner's gimbal page. You can add a servo for each axis and choose stabilization on each one or set it to be controlled with the controller.

It is a simple Servo Gimbal setup in mission planner's gimbal page. You can add a servo for each axis and choose stabilization on each one or set it to be controlled with the controller.
thanks for a such quick reply, will test it out soon. Didn`t know even about such possibilitie :)

Reactions: jonbrotherton
The Ardupilot wiki is some of the most interesting reading. Ardupilot is amazing. If you start at the beginning of Copter and read each page and click Next it is incredible. I am amazed by what it can do. And when Matt makes Open Solo 4 it will make all the newest features in Arducopter available to Solo. It's a big deal :)

hi @Robpower

@makatanav haven't been doing much flying, been away with work and last weekend with our learjets at an airshow (pics on Insta) I never thought of this either, I always thought with still images you really don't need stabilization, only really with video but it may help. I might look into it more.

Been running Dev 3.7 on one of two birds, flies fine and love the individual battery cell voltage indication in Solex telemetry now, very handy.

Also have just received a 5200MaH battery pack, going to do the battery mod (the last one I did was only a 4000MaH pack)

Have you been flying ? I hope to have a fly this weekend ?

I actually made up a piezo siren to trigger off rc7 and have used one of my birds to scare the bird life off our crops, works great :) has a fixed camera on it, all on the plate so you can remove it easily

piezo.jpg

Reactions: jonbrotherton
o nice to hear
last shots where for memories how rebuilded greenhouse project looked (helped parents to restore one, almoust alll weakends starting from march:) )
UP002524_1800.jpg

UP002519_1800.jpg

talking about stabilization - it would be handy when in side winds, then 3DR stuggles to keep straight.
yes, battery mod is also on my to do list (but I`ll go the longest road with liion cells), best of mine is 3600 from 5200mAh :(
ordered such one gimball, will try to adopt - Rctimer 2 Axis Carbon Fiber Standard Gimbal CM102
also found such camera, which could be handy somedays - China High quality Foxeer BOX 2 4K HD Action Camera SuperVison with affordable price

Last edited:
o nice to hear
last shots where for memories how rebuilded greenhouse project looked (helped parents to restore one, almoust alll weakends starting from march:) )
View attachment 10148

View attachment 10147

talking about stabilization - it would be handy when in side winds, then 3DR stuggles to keep straight.
yes, battery mod is also on my to do list (but I`ll go the longest road with liion cells), best of mine is 3600 from 5200mAh :(
ordered such one gimball, will try to adopt - Rctimer 2 Axis Carbon Fiber Standard Gimbal CM102
also found such camera, which could be handy somedays - China High quality Foxeer BOX 2 4K HD Action Camera SuperVison with affordable price

Nice, a big project those green houses.

I like the gimbal and the camera you found, keep me posted on how they all go, keen to here how the stabilisation goes.

Hoping to get out and take some images from the drone soon. Put the 5200mah battery together today, will test fly it on a spare bird without camera.

Reactions: makatanav
Are you guys aware of the $35 BGC gimbals? They are brushless and stabilized on their own and they work 10x better than a servo gimbal. Would be great for that Foxeer.

Connected to PWM 6 it will even work with Solo smart shots and can tilt manually from the paddle on the controller.

Here is one in ebay

Here's a video I did showing how to hook it up.

And some footage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo