Nikon J5 mirrorless camera on 3Dr Solo - ch7 shutter

Also for $70 you can get a Tarot 2 axis gimbal which is even better than the BGC.
I have seen these but my camera is a lot bigger, a Nikon J5 mirrorless for still photography, I had to make my own mounts , tilt works of rc6 and the tilt padle on the controller, shutter servo works of rc7 and pause button

DSC_7427_tn.jpg

Reactions: jonbrotherton
The Rctimer CM102 has arrived an had been put togeather already for a while

P90523-194048_900.jpg

Today added camera and measured to 3DR. had not time to test how the servos work and does they work at all, but if they will, my thoughts are:
P90529-194601_900.jpg
(the servo arm travel is more for stabilizatio, no way to rotate camera 90 degree)

P90529-194619_900.jpg

P90529-194650_900.jpg

P90529-194710_900.jpg

less weight & more compact + actually this is more sturdy than my DIY

That's a nice looking gimbal @makatanav . Hopefully after you cut it down it will fit nicely under your Solo. It looks like it has both tilt and roll servos.

Here's a video of a gimbal that I made from scratch with a tilt servo:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: makatanav
nice job @jimloss ?
is the servo connected to 3DR gimball connector?
love that more & more people are experimenting/working on compact camera adaption

Last edited:
And configuration through Mission planner's gimbal page, correct?
Yes - Using Servo6, RC6 in, Stabilize enabled, Servo Min and Max adjusted to control end points of travel, and Angle Min and Max adjusted to keep gimbal tilt constant as Solo tilts.

@makatanav @jimloss agree, its great to see people adapting their solos for different camera applications. Keen to see how your new mount goes @makatanav

Haven't been doing any flying here, weather all over the place and now we are getting close to winter, my birds are ready to go, all loaded and tested with latest software dev3.7

Yes - Using Servo6, RC6 in, Stabilize enabled, Servo Min and Max adjusted to control end points of travel, and Angle Min and Max adjusted to keep gimbal tilt constant as Solo tilts.
thanks for this info, haven't experimented with it, thats why I thought, why tilt angle is so long for you :)
for now I have:
14pin - PWM6 IO-CH6 TILT
18pin - PWM8 IO-CH8 (empty) ROLL
19pin - PWM7 IO-CH7 TRIGGER

shaved and rebuilded the frame:
P90607-202150_900.jpg

P90607-202209_900.jpg

P90607-224604_900.jpg
the problem is, those servos jitter and wil not work, will need to order MG90S 9g ones
so put aside the project for a while
will fly as it is :)

Reactions: Robpower
Update
1. Received servos yesterday - 2axis gimbal build will finally continue
2. tried tilt parameters in Mission Planer - working, need to adjust only
3. ordered, received Ricoh Remote Shutter - Flytron - actually Ricoh has different USB conector :) so disambled that cable which came with camera - everything working:
+ can get rid of shutter servo and mount, will decrease weight by some grams,
- problem, it manages to take some 2-3 shots in while to deactivation (short hold on pause button).
photos of build will follow.

no flight lately

found such documentation online, looks like there is posibility to add trigering also on other butons, question is how and am I right

Attachments

• extSettings.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Robpower
@jimloss how you calibrated your tiilt in Mission Planer - after every setting change restarted the drone? maybe you can throw your settings?
When I calibrated @ home, everyhing was ok, when went on flight - almoust total disaster, everything oposite :D hehe

Non GoPro'ers: I posted this request for help: How to Power Remote Mirrorless Camera Control Device from Solo

I ordered the VP Systems remote devices and will report back. Also made progress on some new fixed mounts for the Sony-- moving the mounts to the center of the drone has made a big help. Dampening experiments have been interesting. New wide angle lens on the way.

Non GoPro'ers: I posted this request for help: How to Power Remote Mirrorless Camera Control Device from Solo

I ordered the VP Systems remote devices and will report back. Also made progress on some new fixed mounts for the Sony-- moving the mounts to the center of the drone has made a big help. Dampening experiments have been interesting. New wide angle lens on the way.

@jxo I would use the power from the gimbal power lead, I get my 5 volts (yellow wire) and ground (black wire) for my servos from here and have spliced into the cable with no problems. @makatanav has done the same.

Kepe us posted on your modifications, sounds very interesting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc