New user....all of a sudden won't stay connected to wifi

Reaction score
Please help.... all of a sudden connects to wifi...then disconnects back to other

I do believe you're going to need to provide *quite* a bit more in terms of details if you have any expectations of help.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I do believe you're going to need to provide *quite* a bit more in terms of details if you have any expectations of help.
I. Start up controller and drone connect to wifi stays connected maybe 3 seconds then disconnects

Brand new owner has rev b card I've had for 2 days lol...no issues

Not sure what the problem is, but a suggestion...take a bit of time to type a clear, complete, message with real sentences, and you're much more likely to get helpful responses.

I think he's being really clear. He's had a drone for 2 days with no issues. Even though his wifi randomly disconnecting sounds like a bloody huge issue to me.....

Hey Jimm.... couldd youu pleasee addd moree detaill??

Are you trying to connect to your drone to use mission planner or are you trying to connect to your controller to fly your drone using an app like the 3DR app or solex?

If it's the latter, then I'm guessing you bought your drone 2nd hand? In which case the WiFi password was changed and is no longer the default "sololink". This is why it's disconnecting after 3 seconds.

What kind of mobile device do you have? My Nexus 7 has a default setting that causes it to constantly search out wifi networks, causing Solo to disconnect.

Let us know and if need be, I can walk you through turning it off.

I think he's being really clear. He's had a drone for 2 days with no issues. Even though his wifi randomly disconnecting sounds like a bloody huge issue to me.....

Hey Jimm.... couldd youu pleasee addd moree detaill??

Are you trying to connect to your drone to use mission planner or are you trying to connect to your controller to fly your drone using an app like the 3DR app or solex?

If it's the latter, then I'm guessing you bought your drone 2nd hand? In which case the WiFi password was changed and is no longer the default "sololink". This is why it's disconnecting after 3 seconds.
I thought they disconnected that sometime back. I never connect using my sololink password. Wasn't that just for registering & submitting service tickets?

I thought they disconnected that sometime back. I never connect using my sololink password. Wasn't that just for registering & submitting service tickets?
Nah, if you do a factory reset of your drone (or if you don't bother changing the default password) then the default wifi password is "sololink". Should actually be written in the manual too, so think about it, 2 years down the road, you buy a 3dr solo, you do a factory reset, you're going to want to know the default password, and it wouldn't make sense to change the default to something that's not in the owners manual.

Reactions: Maddog
Thanks for the criticism I'll figure it out
Oh now come on, don't be sore, you actually didn't post a lot of info Jim and the more info a person gives the better they can be helped. There's been some good advice given here so far and honestly, we just want to help you get your bird in the air, so come on, cheer up and lets get your issue sorted!

Many mobile deices look for the strongest Wifi signal. If you have that setting on your device it is doing you a favor and connecting to the device with best signal.
Like everyone said, you are not providing a lot of info

Another shot in the dark:
Many Android v5.x devices (like mine) will time-out a connection to any network that does not resolve the Google DNS in 30s or less. I can't stay connected to my Solo nor my RunCams due to this bullshit.

strange, I can set my nexus 9 to solo in my house with wifi, and it will not budge until I change it back. I am betting there are some hidden device or network settings causing that

strange, I can set my nexus 9 to solo in my house with wifi, and it will not budge until I change it back. I am betting there are some hidden device or network settings causing that
Some ROMs had it removed (Nexus and some Samsungs), especially after v5.1, but the carrier/OEM in my case decided not to change the ROM, so the device is unusable. People were furious about it at the time, and you can still find others whinging about at as I am, but most moved on to newer firmware or other devices that didn't have that wonderful behavior.

It looks like he's device it has the wifi set to automatic and if he is connecting in his house, the divide disconnect and connects back to his house wifi, because is the one with internet connection, my was doing that I took that option off so it won't disconnect and connect back to my home wifi.

Sent from my SM-G950U using 3DRPilots Drone Forum mobile app

So I used one of my controllers I hadn't used in quite some time. Booted up Solex, went into the wifi settings, clicked on the controller, it would say "connected", back to solex... disconnected. Back into the wifi settings, connect to the controller, get the connected message, 5 seconds later "disconnected". Turns out I was using the wrong password for that controller. However I was getting the "connected" message for about 5 seconds while it verified the password, but I wouldn't get a "wrong password" or "wrong credentials" message, instead it would just drop the connection. Not sure if this is just a samsung related issue or what, but there was no indication that I was using the wrong password (luckily I'm a genneiu genyiu.... smart person.. and managed to figure it out).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado