New solo issues on 2.4

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've started to have issues again with my Gimbal. This only occurs when starting up facing south. I thought this issue was resolved? Also the controller shows calibrating sensors on each startup. I have powered up in various locations indoors and outside with the same results. Ticket has been submitted to 3dr. Below is a video highlighting the gimbal issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks!

it is becoming fairly apparent that a set of calibrations vastly improves solo Firmware 2.4 in most cases
I did all of mine, level, compass and sticks
Took care of most of my issues. There is a double boot on the gimbal in this release for some reason. Mine will go limp after initalizing for a second or two and then rebound.
Has not affected performance.
The only Issue I had was when I took the filter off after having balanced it with an IMP balance kit, but did not take the balance kit off.
After removing the balance kit, I had to level calbibrate again to get the gimbal back in shape

I ran level and stick calibrations before this video. I will re run them with the compass calibration and report back. Thanks for the info pyrate.

Well I went through all calibrations again and i am still having the same issues. This has only started when 2.4.0 was loaded. Anyone else having these issues. I haven't received any info from 3dr yet.

Below is a video taken from the rear. Note the yaw and roll. Again calibrations were taken before the video.

Out of curiosity, how balanced is your gimbal? With Solo powered off, does it hold the position of the camera when you move it? Do you have the balance weights installed for Hero 3?

Compass cal was outside. Level and stick calibrations were inside on my work bench. I've done this since launch without issues until now.

I would jump on chat with support at that point
sounds like you have done what you could

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll update on here once I hear something.

Hey guys. I've started to have issues again with my Gimbal. This only occurs when starting up facing south. I thought this issue was resolved? Also the controller shows calibrating sensors on each startup. I have powered up in various locations indoors and outside with the same results. Ticket has been submitted to 3dr. Below is a video highlighting the gimbal issue.

Thanks!
Yeah just about right off after 2.4 update doing similar behaviors mentioned here. Similar to the initial release. Mine will also lock up (no up and down pan) with a filter and balance weights to make it level before startup. Take the weights off works, on locks up. Weird! Someone mentioned the droopy bottom down to the right double startup behavior. Mine will do this in the air also durring a shot sequence as well like many had way back.

i had this issue before i did a factory reset and stickcalibrate after the update and now it's ok
hope it helps

I've been through multiple rounds of factory resets and full calibrations. Sensor calibrations at every battery change, and power up facing south Gimbal flop still exist.

Guys I am not 100% sure this problem is related to the latest update 2.4 as my Gimball did the same before updating to the new software.
I usually leave the Solo switched-on for a couple of minutes before taking off moving the camera up and down.
9 times out of 10 the problem disappear.

PS I am on Android

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrate
OK guys. Below is my response from 3DR.

Hello Brett

I asked my senior coworker, the issue you are experiencing is caused by a bad calibration on the gimbal, given that the solo is experiencing issues calibrating as well it is possible that the SOLO is not sending the correct information to the gimbla during the calibration.

In this case I can have both replaced under warranty I would just need a picture of your proof of purchase and the serial number of the SOLO which is located in the battery tray,

Regards.

Ernie Jabiel
[3DR Technical Support Engineer]

Guys I am not 100% sure this problem is related to the latest update 2.4 as my Gimball did the same before updating to the new software.
I usually leave the Solo switched-on for a couple of minutes before taking off moving the camera up and down.
9 times out of 10 the problem disappear.

PS I am on Android

You have great observational skills
If I stopped everytime solo gimbal booted up crooked I would never fly.
Been preaching for months, dont worry about angle on the ground, Get it in the air and fly it. Or as you suggests move it around a bit and let it get its bearings.

Works everytime, and does not take long at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M