3DR Solo GoPro issues, Help!

Reaction score
Hey guys new here. Just recently purchased a 3dr solo from best buy. They had an amazing deal for the drone gimbal backpack and accessories I couldn't pass up. However I'm having relentless issues with my drone.

The drone itself flys great and is very cool. However after trying to attach my gorpo I've had nothing but issues. No matter what I do I cannot get live video feed from my gopro. I've been in contact with Solo and they can not figure it out ether.

Here's all the details.

Phone is a Samsung Note 4 (up to date)
Drone and controller are up to date
GoPro is a Hero3+ (up to date)

-I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling
-Master reset as suggested by 3DR
-I've tried my wifes Samsung S7
-I even went out and bought a second drone and had the same issue using all of the above!
-I've tried with and without the gimble
-With the gimble it will show the gopro is connected display settings and everything. When I hit record the red light starts blinking on the gopro then it stays solid and does not actually record anything. So that shows its communicating even a little.
-If I try and change any settings from the app to the gopro it will sometimes reset back to the settings I was changing it from
-I've checked the gopro and hooked it up to my tv and hdmi port works as it should.

I've habe no idea what to do and really would love to keep this drone as it's very cool but without the video feed and ability to record there's no reason for me to keep. I hope someone on here has had a similar problem and can give me suggestions on what's going on. The chances of two drones giving me the same problem seems weird. Thanks for any help guys!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Don't know if I can help, but, what model of GoPro Hero 3+ do you have, white, silver or black?

Don't know if I can help, but, what model of GoPro Hero 3+ do you have, white, silver or black?
Forgot that part sorry. It's the hero3+ black

Have you tried using another gopro?

Based on what you listed, its possibile the Hero bus port is damaged in some way.

Have you tried using another gopro?

Based on what you listed, its possibile the Hero bus port is damaged in some way.
I haven't all my friends don't have compatible models. I may go purchase a hero 4 to try.

I connected the gopro with hdmi to my TV the other day and received video signal instantly on the TV. Or could I still have damage some how even tho I received the feed?

Reactions: Ismael Bugarin
I haven't all my friends don't have compatible models. I may go purchase a hero 4 to try.

I connected the gopro with hdmi to my TV the other day and received video signal instantly on the TV. Or could I still have damage some how even tho I received the feed?

I have a GoPro Hero 3 silver works fine just don't get all the bells and whistles

Well I tried my friends hero 3 and I get video feed. While I don't get any of the functions in the app with it I do get feed. So apparently something does work with the hero 3+. I plan on picking up a hero 4 and see how that goes this weekend

Just wondering if you selected your camera model from the camera settings on the app. I have a 3+ Black and it had issues when I didn't select it from the camera list. After selecting it from the list, it works fine. A small thing, but worth checking out. Good luck, and welcome to to the forum.

You need to go back one version of the firmware. The latest version does not work. That should solve your problem.

I have the Hero3 white and Black and they both recently stopped working. I have not yet been able to figure it out. Sounds really similar.
I had about 20 flights in using Hero3 Black. When during one flight I got video rolling/freeze up. Switched to my Hero3 White. No video
Took Gimble off and hooked camera back up.
Still no video.
Tried the foam trick,nope still no video
Replaced stock mini HDMI with new ribbon HDMI cable
Nothing.Still no video
Now I don't know what to do except go buy a new GoPro.
Suggestions ????

Hi

I have a GoPro 3+ black. I get blinking on the tablet. Everything is up to date since I got the camera a few days ago.

I don't know what is wrong, It's driving me nuts

Hi

I have a GoPro 3+ black. I get blinking on the tablet. Everything is up to date since I got the camera a few days ago.

I don't know what is wrong, It's driving me nuts
Excuse me if I missed something, but have you tried to just shut the gopro off and then power it up while it’s still mounted in gimble? I had a few issues with my Sliver 4, after rebooting the camera all went well.

Excuse me if I missed something, but have you tried to just shut the GoPro off and then power it up while it’s still mounted in gimble? I had a few issues with my Sliver 4, after rebooting the camera all went well.

It has happened to me more than once.

I am gonna try another type of action cam to see if MAYBE it's the htmi port or maybe its the GoPro port. (I got the camera off of eBay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso