New Solo Gimbal Video..

Reaction score
Just posted this morning.. 7/21

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the video is great and believe this is their way of letting us know it will be in our hands here shortly... @DodgeP is your glass half empty or half full? ;)

Did anyone notice how the Orbit shot of the dome was elliptical in its approach (2:05). This will be very interesting effect using Orbit and then manually controlling its radius and/or its altitude while keeping the ROI centered. Cool....

Reactions: djmaincheese
At this point it's half empty. The new video doesn't show us anything that we don't already know.

Man can't wait I'm jealous. What I wouldn't do to have that gimbal, that job and be in Malta getting paid to run around on four wheelers getting amazing shots with solo. It's a hard knock life, gota say he's truly living the dream or at least living my dream anyway.

I'm happy to see the video I'd say from what they've said combined with this video release its looking like it will be on or at least near on time for us.

Keep up the great work 3dr say what you want about the release bumps, but seems to me that this was the best choice I could have made. My other option was Inspire and as long as the solo gimbals up to par I can't see how even the Inspire would have done much but made me ask why I spent the extra money on something offering less for my needs at least. Not to mention the possible upgrade options which aren't needed but could make solo a valid quad for quite a bit longer than anything else out this year.

Beside being anxious to get my gimbal I couldn't be much happier with the product and the company itself so far. I'm sure the competitors quads are great but until the next generation birds I don't believe anythings going to touch solo for the price. Ok I'm done now just a little bit excited to get my gimbal soon.

Colin says it was being used in filming of a 'Feature Film'. Probably a valid reason to give a pre-production unit a good work out and testing. I for one, always like seeing examples of what can be done with it. Some don't care to see the videos, they just want their unit (Me too!). But as long as they are testing and using I like to see what it is capable of. From the video note..

"This month the 3DR flight team went out to Malta to shoot on set with Solo for an upcoming feature film. Outside of the film we packed in our own Solo shoots in as many locations as possible, which led to a nice new video that showcases all of the different Smart Shots used in different ways. It’s a great demonstration of just how powerful Solo’s automatic Smart Shots can be. Enjoy!"

Did anyone notice how the Orbit shot of the dome was elliptical in its approach (2:05). This will be very interesting effect using Orbit and then manually controlling its radius and/or its altitude while keeping the ROI centered. Cool....

It could have been that the center point wasn't where you thought it was, and then they edited to show only one part of the pass. But I could be easily wrong! :)

It could have been that the center point wasn't where you thought it was, and then they edited to show only one part of the pass. But I could be easily wrong! :)[/

i got an e mail today from colen about his trip and shoot in malta.
what colen needs to do is quit running all over the world and spending all that money promoting the solo that some people have already bought and have had problems with them or crashed them.
spend this money on r and d to fix theese problems weather they are hardware or software than get theese fixes out to all of us that already have bought the solo.

They need to fly us to Malta for being on the bloody bleeding edge of this thing.....:D

Pretty cool video....come on gimbal!

They need to fly us to Malta for being on the bloody bleeding edge of this thing.....:D

Pretty cool video....come on gimbal!
Do you think this video could have been shot with some other Drone or Gimble or camera and not the solo with a GoPro?

Do you think this video could have been shot with some other Drone or Gimble or camera and not the solo with a GoPro?

Dirby, I bet it was Solo. You should be able to expect footage like this from your Solo.

Im sure it was solo as well... #1 reason. If it was leaked that they used a P3P or something else to film this, or they missed a P3 shadow in editing, this would ruin them.
Some may disagree but it would garner SO much bloodlust over the "lie" that it would seriously cripple their integrity going forward.

I heard the video was shot with a GoPro 5 with a rectilinear lens, preliminary spec's are 4K at 120FPS.
.Just wanted to add my speculation to the conversation.....carry on....;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig