New Solo Gimbal Video..

I heard the video was shot with a GoPro 5 with a rectilinear lens, preliminary spec's are 4K at 120FPS.
.Just wanted to add my speculation to the conversation.....carry on....;)
Yea I heard it was the new top secret black magic mini with interchangeable lens system being filmed from a solo 3 prototype. We got a few conspiracy theorists here in the forum it would seem.o_O

Come on guys they've been pretty open and honest so far compared to the competition and I fully expect to be able to get great video like this from my solo with a little practice. Question more than is it solo with gimbal is how much post work was done to make it look as good as it did, I'm sure some but I'm impressed any way it goes personally.:D

Have been watching this a few times trying to think through the shots. But I am having a hard time grasping that the "Orbit" at the 3 minute mark is an orbit function.

Make sense to anyone else?

Does seem to be either modified, chained together or maybe something new (yea I can dream right) if it's the spot I'm thinking of I'll look again.

Have been watching this a few times trying to think through the shots. But I am having a hard time grasping that the "Orbit" at the 3 minute mark is an orbit function.

I noticed that too. I assumed they were using the sticks during orbit. Rising in altitude while expanding the diameter?

Yep, he raises in elevation which could be a new function when we get the gimbal but the radius is opening up as he comes around. So does not seem like orbit.

Yep, he raises in elevation which could be a new function when we get the gimbal but the radius is opening up as he comes around. So does not seem like orbit.
I haven't played with orbit enough, but I remember reading that someone was able to raise the Solo while flying orbit. They had posted that while flying in orbit and rising, the Solo ignored the altitude limit. So I assumed you could also use the right stick to expand/shrink the orbit while flying. No?

Reactions: DodgeP
I was under the impression the "Orbit" shot run manually you can control the radius, altitude and speed once the ROI is defined. Not sure if the ROI is at a defined specific altitude, but from the various videos it appears it is....with the gimbal the answers will be known.

Will the DJIZenmuse H33D 3Axis Gimbal work on the Solo? At least until the 3DR Gimbal is released...

Give me a rueben on rye with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.

Saw this posted elsewhere:Don't forget you can change the radius and altitude manually while the Solo keeps you pointed at the subject. Orbit can be as simple or dynamic as you want it to be.

Going to try and remember to play with this next time out. Could provide for some very interesting dynamic shots.

Reactions: RichWest

probably a skyjib 8 with the APM/pixhawk/mavlink

Anyone else notice the cool lanyard mount shown near the end of the video. It clips to the 2 posts that the tablet mounts to which would be closer to the center of gravity if you have a heavy tablet mounted to the controller.

Perhaps 3DR is really working on the development of that lanyard, and that is why nobody got one yet.

Anyone else notice the cool lanyard mount shown near the end of the video. It clips to the 2 posts that the tablet mounts to which would be closer to the center of gravity if you have a heavy tablet mounted to the controller.

Perhaps 3DR is really working on the development of that lanyard, and that is why nobody got one yet.
Yet another thing they didn't have done. They should've waited and launched at Christmas. People have better releases on freaking Kickstarter than 3dr is having.

LOL, well guys be nice. I am sure they had to test that Lanyard for stabilization and make sure it acquired proper GPS lock.

It's not easy to get a lanyard that says 3DR on it.

I googled it and there are only 241,000 results for custom printed lanyard !

Last edited:

i caught that too...

15u5x4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela