New Solo Battery @ Amazon $49.99 + free shipping

Be careful.... Im still waiting on mine (3 weeks). Im not holding my breathe. Just need to wait for the delivery date to pass so I can get my money back.

Reactions: BuckyBadger
Thanks for the heads up. Could sure use a few more. Funny you are still waiting for yours coolhand. It says that it ships from CA......... I also read that it comes in a plain box but plastic wrapped but that it is OEM. I also read that the writing on the bat. has Chinese lettering vs English on the original 3DR battery.... Not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:
Appears the stock with Chinese lettering may be newer as I received this type with my backpack bundle from Best Buy (along with RevB GPS). The standard Solo I got from B&H has English lettering on the battery, and RevA GPS for that matter.

Damn. I should have bought it 2 hrs ago.

I can almost guarantee it will be back. But watch for fake sellers with old, or little or no feedback.

I got mine for $49.99 from seller Gensace&Tattu. I had it in three days.

These $50 deals seem to come and go every couple of days.

Reactions: BuckyBadger
Appears the stock with Chinese lettering may be newer as I received this type with my backpack bundle from Best Buy (along with RevB GPS). The standard Solo I got from B&H has English lettering on the battery, and RevA GPS for that matter.

That matches my experience. The Solo I got from B&H came with a Rev B GPS, and the battery had mostly Chinese lettering in the fine print.

I can almost guarantee it will be back. But watch for fake sellers with old, or little or no feedback.

Agreed....the seller in this case was also Gensace&Tattu with lots of seller feedback ratings.

Looks like we bought all the $50 batteries, boys. Thanks for the heads up OP! Time to wait patiently for another price drop.

I ordered one from the same seller. Showed up before the tracking number went active! Like mentioned above watch feedback numbers from 3rd party sellers. I got burnt on one for 39.99. Knew it was too good to be true...Amazon did refund my money though

I got burned on amazon from 3rd party sellers buying some kitchen appliances . I started researching it and apparently it's all from china . They sign up as a seller never intending to sell anything . They then put ads out saying they are based in the us and selling things for 1/2 price of what they should be . They then use a fake tracking number and and say the shipping will take 2 weeks by the time they are caught they already have money from several buyers and they just apply to be a seller under another name and start the process all over . It's a growing problem for Amazon but Amazon is doing so well with their marketplace it is just static to them . You get your money back eventually through amazons A to Z guarantee but it's a hassle .

Reactions: coolhand
Thanks for the heads up BobG. I picked up 2 batteries, and charger and the backpack.
Thanks again you guys.

About 2 months ago, someone had SOLO batteries on sale for $29.95 each. I bought 6. I'm set. Even bought 3 extended batteries for the controller..forget how much they were but they were inexpensive! I just checked. All but one of the batteries I purchased have English. Only 1 has Chinese.

Thanks for the heads up. Could sure use a few more. Funny you are still waiting for yours coolhand. It says that it ships from CA......... I also read that it comes in a plain box but plastic wrapped but that it is OEM. I also read that the writing on the bat. has Chinese lettering vs English on the original 3DR battery.... Not sure what to make of that.
Been in touch with Owen at 3DR about the Batt Crap. Was told that the Chinese inscript batts are NOT An Authorized batt By 3DR. They were sent out with the Best Buy bundles. Been roundy round with those A-Holes about this. Sent them a NEW Unflown "B" bird for TX batt charging issue & they sent me back a Refurb with Chinese Batt. Have 6 of them. Still at my wits with those pricks. Sellin All my stuff & gettin something else. See way Too many issues with these birds. Mod this, mod that, Etc. Forkem!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44