New Long Range antenna for SOLO

Man, that's a heavy case! I was looking at modifying the case. It looks like with just a little material removed under the prop slot, we could leave the FPVLR on the controller.
If you do please share pics and step by step I would also like to but afraid of ruining the foam.

Was going to head out and do some performance checks on the FPVLR that arrived today. Using Solar Sphere app to check KP index, showing 5. What was the sweet spot index to use as a guideline for the least chance of magnetic interference, 2? I'll report back on antenna results.View media item 56

Reactions: prowler9
Using Solar Sphere app to check KP index, showing 5. What was the sweet spot index to use as a guideline for the least chance of magnetic interference, 2?
The app I use goes with these guidelines:
0, 1, 2 and 3 are shown in green and okay.
4 is yellow and maybe still okay.
5 and above are red, and not advisable to use a GPS device as GPS satellites might be affected.

The app I use goes with these guidelines:
0, 1, 2 and 3 are shown in green and okay.
4 is yellow and maybe still okay.
5 and above are red, and not advisable to use a GPS device as GPS satellites might be affected.
I use solar moniter for iOS. I'm weird but will not fly above a 3. If it's a 4 I don't. But that's just me. Too much money in the air to risk.

Out to 4000' today with the DBS panel. I could have pushed it further, as I still had a bar popping in and out. RSSI was around -79 My previous record with stock antennas is 2500'.

Well FPVLR has solved my issue. I can now easily go to the edges of the farm and anywhere around I want to. Before I was lucky to get to 600 ft before red and signal loss. I cant say enough about how well it has done for me. Thanks to all who recommended it. I did push to just around 1400 ft which was nearly out of my line of sight and further than what I needed it to go.

BTW I made another lame attempt at a review and it will be live at 5pm eastern standard time here is the link for when it does go live

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raybro
Well FPVLR has solved my issue. I can now easily go to the edges of the farm and anywhere around I want to. Before I was lucky to get to 600 ft before red and signal loss. I cant say enough about how well it has done for me. Thanks to all who recommended it. I did push to just around 1400 ft which was nearly out of my line of sight and further than what I needed it to go.
Glad to hear it worked out for you, among all reasons people wanted extended range, yours seemed to be the most important. Happy for you.

Fly safely

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just got my stuff from FPVLR
And this is the way i mount the amp's

Attachments

• FPVLR-AMP.jpg
    FPVLR-AMP.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Did some test runs in manual mode today to test the FPVLR. I would suggest Tony if you guys see this, it would be very helpful and much appreciated is a little page with info about 'antenna of this type basics' could be included in the box. All I got was an invoice. But just a quick tip sheet on how to get the most out of your product for us photographers who have never swapped out antennas before, I'm thankful for all my friends here and other forums for guiding me along.
That said, I can see a significant improvement from factory omni's, flying manual I was seeing -30 rss up close and up to -55 to -60 out to about 800 ft. I couldn't test further because of my location, although in a field, obstacles further out.
How wide and what shape is the beam emitted on this antenna? I practiced pointing and there seems to be a sweet spot slightly elevated above level. I set abeam and rss shot up to -84 instantly but didn't trigger anything strange.
The flight was perfect, no issues, no disconnects, just high speed manual flights with good video, although quite shaky, for obvious reasons.

My experience is with ALL the long range guys there is no documentation or instructions. You are on your own!

So not just Tony.

Question: do you think the way i mount the amps can create signal issues since the 2 amps ares side by side next to the battery i did put 3M 1/8 tick damper pad between the components

Ouch...is the improved video enough to justify the extra cost? Hoping I do not experience the same thing with the FLPVR. However I'm only flying with one alfa and getting 1 mile with no RTL. I don't expect a huge improvement but the 3 miles unamped is what sold me on the FLPVR.

The WIFI interference is playing a big role in these different distances. I'm really surprised that some are only getting out 500' before RTL.

I'm only getting 800 feet to RTH. That's why I joined. Trying to find a solution

I'm only getting 800 feet to RTH. That's why I joined. Trying to find a solution

My same situation. I was only getting around 600. None of my other quads ever did this. With the FPVLR in getting out now to where I needed around 1400 feet line of sight. I haven't pushed it further nor will I. That's as far as I needed.

Does anyone have the specs for the DBS Phantom 3 antenna that people are using with their Solo? I submitted a question to their site a couple weeks ago to find out beam width/dbi etc. but I never heard back. I couldn't seem to find anything on their product page either.

Heres my flight review. Keep in mind guys I only fly line of sight but as video will explain I had other issues. Video will be live at 11:00am eastern standard time.

Heres my flight review. Keep in mind guys I only fly line of sight but as video will explain I had other issues. Video will be live at 11:00am eastern standard time.

It say's "sign in" ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc