New guy need help with recording.

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am sure you have all heard this all before but I have just bought the solo. Put the gimble on and hooked my GoPro 3+black
To it. While flying I get full viewing on my iPhone 7.
The record button is grey. There are a few symbols above it. 1 is a phone symbol and another is a go pro symbol which has a line through it. I pulled the gimble off and double checked connection and all appears to be fine. Just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong.
Can I do something to help troubleshoot.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Have you selected your camera type in the Solo app?
You do that by pressing on the slider bar icon below the grayed out record button.

Hi Maddog.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I double checked it this morning. I went to take it for a fly and no I don't even get an image on my phone. It's is all black. I have tested my go pro trough my app on the phone and it all appears to be working.
Didn't realise it was going to be this difficult.

Hi again. So I have found now that if I change my go pro to photo mode I get an image.
If I put it in video mode I get a picture of a pink screen with lines all through it. Not sure if this helps.

It shouldn't be hard at all. Not sure what is going on here.
The GoPro 3's seem to have more issues than the 4's.

Try taking the battery out of the GoPro, put it back in, put GoPro in gimbal & turn on.

There are several threads here on the GoPro 3's. Ill try to find one when I get back. Hopefully someone with the answer will chime in.

Hi Maddog.
After a few hrs of reading blogs I have worked it out. It's the only way I can get it to work. Any other order I do it doesn't work.
The order I used
Turn on GoPro.
Turn on solo. Wait for sounds.
Turn on remote. Wait for gps.
Turn on wifi on phone.
Then open app.
All visuals are now working. Just did my first few recording flights. None have sound though. Not sure if sound is compatible? A bit more reading required.
Main thing is I can record. Cheers for your help in this.
If I work out any other issues I will post them for others to see also.
Thanks.

Reactions: Maddog
Hi Maddog.
After a few hrs of reading blogs I have worked it out. It's the only way I can get it to work. Any other order I do it doesn't work.
The order I used
Turn on GoPro.
Turn on solo. Wait for sounds.
Turn on remote. Wait for gps.
Turn on wifi on phone.
Then open app.
All visuals are now working. Just did my first few recording flights. None have sound though. Not sure if sound is compatible? A bit more reading required.
Main thing is I can record. Cheers for your help in this.
If I work out any other issues I will post them for others to see also.
Thanks.

Yes, this is the order I use to power up Solo and it works great for me. I think the only critical item is powering the camera before Solo.
There is no sound transmitted, so if you like to here props droning you will need to watch the recorded GoPro video. :)

Cheers Andrew.
Yeah I watched the footage on the GoPro. It's pretty noisy up there
Can you give me any advice for the most practical settings for my GoPro? I currently have it set at 1080, 60,Med.

Cheers Andrew.
Yeah I watched the footage on the GoPro. It's pretty noisy up there
Can you give me any advice for the most practical settings for my GoPro? I currently have it set at 1080, 60,Med.
I typically use that along with Protune on, ISO 1600, white balance auto, sharpness medium.

Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem with no streaming video...just bought an Android Tablet and the Solex App. I've gone through the tutorials and a number of different start up sequences, The Go Pro is recording video but not streaming to Solex. Any suggestions? I hate being ground bound!

Seminator thanks for posting I'm in Greece visiting family. Took the solo with to have some fun before I left I had to borrow a friends 3+ black and upon arrival it wasn't working like my 4. Your same issues to the letter are the problem I've been dealing with. The only thing I was able to do is start the drone with the wifi remote when flying but I still had a black picture on my phone. Flying blind and not the knowing what I was recording is no fun. I'll try your method and hope it works and please post any updates good or bad that your running into using your method. I'll be doing the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig