New Folding Airframe Taking Pre-orders

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I seem to recall seeing/reading something about this here on the forum, and it's finally ready to order. I didn't have time to really check things out, but it looks to be $200 for the basic kit...

www.suavx.com/products.html

Reactions: erikgraham
I would see batery mount tray to accomodate 2 solo lipos. It would give us 10 000 mAh, and we could use very cheap lipos :)

would be interesting to put the guts of a Solo into this frame then slowly upgrade it over time. Could the PixHawk in the Solo handle adding 4 more motors?

I would want to see some vibration results on that frame before jumping in.
But its got great potential if they managed that aspect

One of the solo issues is the weight of the frame and shell, it is too heavy. If the folding frame is not lighter than the old, I will take a pass.

One of the solo issues is the weight of the frame and shell, it is too heavy. If the folding frame is not lighter than the old, I will take a pass.
I'm new to the drone world so don't bash me but can I buy that frame AND PUT MY SOLO IN IT

I'm having trouble getting live feed ive tried two cameras and updated I have a hero 3 plus silver and hero 4 silver and ive tried everything I can think of

Looks like they trying to sell generic Chinese frame for triple the price, it is not even carbon per their words.
Btw, this frame is heavy, pretty sure heavier than this hobbyking version: HobbyKing® Alien 560 Folding Quad-Copter Carbon Fiber Version (Kit)

If you want to go this route I would buy daya 680
DAYA 680 New 3K Carbon Frame :Multi-Rotors,FPV Frames,Quadcopter - FPV Model: RC Plane, Multicopter, Quadcopter, FPV Goggles, FPV System and all things FPV.
It is carbon, lighter and better landing gear.

Another option if you just want this design to be light and foldable - get frame CNC cut (or cut yourself) and either directly glue carbon tube skipping all boom mounts or use aluminum square booms. Guys at Russia validated the design long before chinese started to clone it:
И снова рюкзачный коптер - Дневники - RC Форум (use Google translate)
All up weight with similar to solo components and all up is 1500gm (including gimbal and camera)

I'm having trouble getting live feed ive tried two cameras and updated I have a hero 3 plus silver and hero 4 silver and ive tried everything I can think of
Check your HDMI connection. Make sure it is not loosen. If you are using the gimbal, make sure the connector in the gimbal board is tight and plug in good. You may need a foam under the plug if it is loose. Turn on the camera before turning on Solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig