New Android App Update 1.3.0 BETA - Issues

pop

Reaction score
Downloaded the 1.3.0 App update this morning (Android). Now I can't connect to SOLO. When I open the Solo App, it asks to update the 3DR Services but does not find an update for it. Did the SOLO App get ahead of the 3dr services update?

Also getting an error on the controller: "Calibration error, restart SOLO". Restarting SOLO does not help and since i can't connect from the app I cannot recalibrate.

Downloaded the 1.3.0 App update this morning (Android). Now I can't connect to SOLO. When I open the Solo App, it asks to update the 3DR Services but does not find an update for it. Did the SOLO App get ahead of the 3dr services update?

Also getting an error on the controller: "Calibration error, restart SOLO". Restarting SOLO does not help and since i can't connect from the app I cannot recalibrate.

Pop,

Are you talking about the "Solo Beta" app? I don't see the public version on the Play Store yet. I just updated mine and did the 3dr Services update first before doing the beta update and everything seemed to work fine. I'll start up my bird and see if it's all functional. Mine is the Beta not the Public version.

Jerry

Pop,

Are you talking about the "Solo Beta" app? I don't see the public version on the Play Store yet. I just updated mine and did the 3dr Services update first before doing the beta update and everything seemed to work fine. I'll start up my bird and see if it's all functional. Mine is the Beta not the Public version.

Jerry
Yes, I'm using the Beta version. Must be a problem just with beta then...dang it.

Yes, I'm using the Beta version. Must be a problem just with beta then...dang it.

Pop,

Just ran my bird with the updated 3dr Services and Android Solo Beta (updated firmware a few days ago) and everything appears to be functioning as expected. New camera controls are there and my gimbal is functioning properly. Hit record a few times just to check, worked fine. Must be something on your end, not with the Beta itself.

Jerry

Pop,

Go to your Play Store account and see if you find the 3dr Services Update there. There is definitely a Services Update.

Jerry

Pop,

Go to your Play Store account and see if you find the 3dr Services Update there. There is definitely a Services Update.

Jerry
What version of 3dr services do you have installed?

Pop,

3dr Services v1.5.0.beta.2

Jerry
Had no idea there was a beta version for the 3dr services. I've been using the non-beta 3dr services with the beta app. Do you have a link to the 3dr services beta?

also, make sure when you get done updating the app you re-start your device with Solo and controller on

Found the 3dr services beta app and all is back to normal. Now let's go fly...

Reactions: J R
Just tested the new beta app and so far it's been great. Follow me works much better, i can finally adjust the altitude and radius on orbit follow.

Anyone notice with the new app the Solo Arrow on the GPS screen now orients to true North rather than Home? When I would fly far out I used the arrow to fly back to home but with Solo acting as a compass now it's not so easy. I'm not finding any settings to change it back?

I talked to customer support and they said it was an improvement in the new app so I requested they give us a choice, like with your car Nav.

Reactions: J R
On Android the SOLO app notice me UPDATE AVAILABLE but I do not find any update for 3dr Service app.
I do not make the update yet ; it is possible to downgrade after if the update is not good?

Found the link..http s:/ /play.google.com/apps/testing/org.droidplanner.services.android/join

Just remove the extra spaces in the link address

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig