Need help locating stored maps

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY S2, 32gb, 9.7" Tablet and have the SOLO App loaded. I'm trying to figure out how to download maps of the areas I want to fly at but don't know how to verify I have actually downloaded and have them saved. Does anyone know how I can find them on my tablet? The place I want to fly at is 26 miles from my home and I don't want to get all the way out there only to find I don't have maps of that area on my tablet. BTW: This is my first tablet. I'm used to my PC when I can locate directories and files but the tablet doesn't seem to work the same way. Sorry for these pretty basic questions but I am really new to all of this and have only had my SOLO for a week now. I've watched this video (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) and I think I'm following the same process but I would just like to verify that I really have them before I waste my time making a 52 mile round trip for nothing.

when you cache/download maps you are just downloading a whole bunch of tiles (images). they are stored in a database.

for what you want to do, cache map data, simply change the map tile provider from google to mapbox (settings>map tile provider). then when you have internet on the tab s:

-open the solo app
-press fly solo
-swipe to map view
-pan and zoom the map to the area you want to cache. if you don't see tiles, you maybe zoomed in too far. zoom out and then slowly zoom back in.
-press the download button
-press the banner at the bottom

when you cache/download maps you are just downloading a whole bunch of tiles (images). they are stored in a database.

for what you want to do, cache map data, simply change the map tile provider from google to mapbox (settings>map tile provider). then when you have internet on the tab s:

-open the solo app
-press fly solo
-swipe to map view
-pan and zoom the map to the area you want to cache. if you don't see tiles, you maybe zoomed in too far. zoom out and then slowly zoom back in.
-press the download button
-press the banner at the bottom
As far as I can tell that's exactly what I have been doing but when I get out to where I want to fly I don't have a map showing up. How can I verify I have the maps before I drive to the location. If I saved a map of where I live and then turn the WiFi off and go outside and check would that tell me anything?

Maybe you can cache a map of a place not too far away. Drive there and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44