Need a gopro alternative. The cheapest one only for FPV purpose without gimbal

If you just want FPV, then a Gopro 3 (ebay for $75) will work fine..
Buddy, you mean hero 3+ ? But to that price we can find a used one. Can we guarantee the product ? Have you used one like that bro ?

Check this one out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Buddy, you mean hero 3+ ? But to that price we can find a used one. Can we guarantee the product ? Have you used one like that bro ?
No I mean a standard GoPro 3 quite a bit less than a 3+ - the main difference is the FPS at higher resolutions since your FPV'ing not an issue.. I have bought 4 Gopro's used and never had an issue.. The only Gopro I had that died was a 4 Silver that I bought brand new!!. What I find is many people buy these and never learn how to use them.. then throw them up on ebay or they have upgraded. When buying one take a good look at the case and lens if they are clean and it powers up you won't have any issues.

Guys,
I need a help. I have a solo and I need a camera only for FPV purpose. I have no gimbal. So I need a camera which can use with default solo camera mount. No need to be 4k. I just need to use that for have a view of the surrounding when i'm flying. I have Alfa long range antennas. So fpv is required. What is the cheapest camera out there for my requirements ?

Here are my opinions:
- For aerial photography, the best is GoPro4 Black of course, cheaper you have GoPro3 Black. Only with GoPro3 Black and GoPro 4 you can control the trigger and parameter in flight.
For informations: the size of of GP4B:
89g; 5.9 cm x 4.1 cm x 2.96 cm
- With others action cam you CAN NOT control the trigger but you can start recording before in the air, here some action cam with gopro size i found on gearbest:
- EKEN H6S 4K: hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.93x4.11x2.14 cm
- firefly 6s 4k: hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.90x4.10x2.10 cm
- SJCAM SJ6 LEGEND 4K:hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.90x4.10x2.11 cm

And the hdmi cable not compatible gopro gimbal but ok if you use the frame:
- HawKeye Firefly 8S 4K

if you use Solo only for fpv and want the cheapest i think you don't need GP.

good luck

Here are my opinions:
- For aerial photography, the best is GoPro4 Black of course, cheaper you have GoPro3 Black. Only with GoPro3 Black and GoPro 4 you can control the trigger and parameter in flight.
For informations: the size of of GP4B:
89g; 5.9 cm x 4.1 cm x 2.96 cm
- With others action cam you CAN NOT control the trigger but you can start recording before in the air, here some action cam with gopro size i found on gearbest:
- EKEN H6S 4K: hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.93x4.11x2.14 cm
- firefly 6s 4k: hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.90x4.10x2.10 cm
- SJCAM SJ6 LEGEND 4K:hdmi compatible 3dr gimbal; 5.90x4.10x2.11 cm

And the hdmi cable not compatible gopro gimbal but ok if you use the frame:
- HawKeye Firefly 8S 4K

if you use Solo only for fpv and want the cheapest i think you don't need GP.

good luck
Hey brother, I don't have a gimbal too. I'm planning to use action camera with default camera mount of solo. And I don't need to control the camera on fly. I have long range antenna and need to see where I am. That's all. You mentioned non go pro cameras. 3 of them. Do they compatible with solo default camera mount ? And check the above comments and you will see nice 30 usd action camera too.

Guys,
I need a help. I have a solo and I need a camera only for FPV purpose. I have no gimbal. So I need a camera which can use with default solo camera mount. No need to be 4k. I just need to use that for have a view of the surrounding when i'm flying. I have Alfa long range antennas. So fpv is required. What is the cheapest camera out there for my requirements ?
Hi. I have used a YI 16MP Action Camera for decent FPV. And there are many cheap action cameras that will work if they have HDMI out feature.

Check out drone warship on YouTube.. He's got videos of what your looking for... Cheap alternative for fpv with the solo..

Reactions: chanu1993
I have a $40 dmyco action camera that out performs my gopro but it only works with the fixed mount, and it works flawlessly

Guys,
The gopros are desirable but my $46 Eken H9 does what you are asking. I got my two from Banggood.com and Gearbest.com.
I bought my GoPro refurbished from GoPro. It does so much more especially with the Solo gimbal.
FPV only, I use an Eken H9.

i bought TECH.BEAN 4k Action cam on Amazon for 26 bucks it was a "Prime Deal". The 4k sucks but 1080 on Auto settings is fine for flying i dont have gimbal so just tilt dowmn slightly has 170 fov Solo is so much fun now I have 2 so wife can fly a lot of times we just fly by sight no cam.

The Eken E9R (or whatever it is) is junk. Doesn't fit the mount well, won't turn on half the time unless I pull battery first, and even when it does turn on, I don't get video feed. Hero 4 Black works many times better. I think I would just stay away from these cheap new cameras.

Ebay is your friend for GoPro's.

The gopros are desirable but my $46 Eken H9 does what you are asking. I got my two from Banggood.com and Gearbest.com.
I bought my GoPro refurbished from GoPro. It does so much more especially with the Solo gimbal.
FPV only, I use an Eken H9.

I have to agree here, my Eken H9 works well in the Solo static mount (of course it has to be mounted upside-down just like the GoPro ) , perfect fit for FPV use, the 4k video is poor, but at 1080 it's like the GoPro recording. The Eken H9 size and connections are the same as the GoPro, the Solo manual tells you to mount the GoPro upside-down, do the same for the Eken.

ive seen an elephone explorer elite do amazing video even comparably better than GoPro- but my cringe on most of these cameras is the damn focal length-always such a fish eye at some point especially when panning- why would you even want that on a fly camera- for POV maybe but for quality filming???
it's like buying 120GRIT for toilet paper
also the SJCAMs are good
the RUNCAM 3 was excellent until GOPRO got jealous
all of which don't fit 100% like the gopro but useable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44