NAB 2016 Post

Well that's pretty exciting news. How do you know this to be true. It would seem to me, if I was that close last week at NAB I would have announced this at NAB.
'Beta' doesn't mean tomorrow or 6 months from now. Depends on issues uncovered during the beta, which is what a beta is for.

All 3DR (or any company) gets is grief from anyone when they announce something and it takes more than a week to deliver. Best to keep quiet until they can confirm it's close.

Reactions: J R
Well that's pretty exciting news. How do you know this to be true. It would seem to me, if I was that close last week at NAB I would have announced this at NAB.
It was mentioned on the NAB reports albeit many of those were on Facebook, the Solo in the net was Philip's and had the optical flow on, it's Philip that's making it available.

I've posted on this group, maybe earlier in this thread about it along with a photo of the design from the CAD software.

Reactions: jibcamera
It was mentioned on the NAB reports albeit many of those were on Facebook, the Solo in the net was Philip's and had the optical flow on, it's Philip that's making it available.

I've posted on this group, maybe earlier in this thread about it along with a photo of the design from the CAD software.
And for those that don't know, Philip Rowse is one of the main designers of the Solo. His name is all over the schematics. So, he should know :)

I can also say I didn't see this earlier.

Thanks to Phillip too. Has their been any mention of a cost and/or delivery time?

I can also say I didn't see this earlier.

Thanks to Phillip too. Has their been any mention of a cost and/or delivery time?

So in the video for the optical flow they mention the "3DR mod Club". Is that a website or a FB page or something? I want to read more about it. Anyone have a link

It's been a long time between drinks Timmytimetravel.

I presume you're looking to fly Solo in the Kosciusko National Park ski resorts this coming season? If so, and you haven't already looked at the 'Drones in Parks Policy', have a look here. Drones in Parks Policy | NSW Environment & Heritage

Basically it says approval to fly is required before hand. I think that if you where outside the resorts it would be fine to fly provided you are 5.5km away from the resort's helipads (the usual CASA guidelines). I too would give Solo a shot on the slopes if allowed.

Cheers
Nikos
Hi,

Recommend you look at the relevant regs these gov sites have what they would like whichdoesn't match reality. Reason i say this is that some of what NSW NPWS have said is incorrect. Yes approval is needed by either resort op (doubt they'll allow non commercial) or area manager if outside of resort but the stuff about no flying within 5.5km of an hls applies to commercial ops, model a/c rules allow it but limit height to 400ft so you can avoid full scale easier.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This thread has burgeoned to the point where I have lost track of the 'actual' improvements to Solo. In the early stages of the thread there was the formal announcement of soon to be released updates including:
  • Pano
  • Zipline
  • Rewind
  • Custom Geo-fencing
  • Augmented Reality
Subsequent posts suggested there was more to come out of NAB for Solo but the thread seems to have de-railed from the initial intent and I can't seem to pick out any further factual announcements. Did I miss something? Is there anything to add to the list?

Reactions: timzee
This thread has burgeoned to the point where I have lost track of the 'actual' improvements to Solo. In the early stages of the thread there was the formal announcement of soon to be released updates including:pano
  • Zipline
  • Rewind
  • Custom Geo-fencing
  • Augmented Reality
Subsequent posts suggested there was more to come out of NAB for Solo but the thread seems to have de-railed from the initial intent and I can't seem to pick out any further factual announcements. Did I miss something? Is there anything to add to the list?

Hey-- you asked my question for me! ;)

Reactions: Jon6565
Hi,

Recommend you look at the relevant regs these gov sites have what they would like whichdoesn't match reality. Reason i say this is that some of what NSW NPWS have said is incorrect. Yes approval is needed by either resort op (doubt they'll allow non commercial) or area manager if outside of resort but the stuff about no flying within 5.5km of an hls applies to commercial ops, model a/c rules allow it but limit height to 400ft so you can avoid full scale easier.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So your are saying I can fly Solo bird within 5.5km of a helipad provided I don't fly above 400ft, according to model aircraft rules?

I'm glad you're excited about the new software. So am I. Is it possible to respond to other people's comments in a way that is helpful, rather than criticizing them? One of the problems of forums in general is when people try to be right, rather than helpful. Your jumping to the conclusion, for example, that most people on this forum are lackluster photographers or that they are complainers doesn't address the issues. Instead, it just demeans other people--and for me in particular, makes me not want to participate. Please debate the issues based upon facts, not based upon attributions about other people whom you don't even know. Thanks for giving this some thought.

I too am happy to say that while I do like the new software options, at the same time would like to have heard of some hardware development efforts with respect to things like new camera options. My PeauPro 82 does offer an improvement over a standard GP, but still doesn't measure up to some higher end models the Solo could (and will) carry some day.

Everyone has their own preferences as to what would work best for their own situation.

Seems you don't know Ian. You won't find a better source for credible info and technical expertise.

Have you guys seen the SpektreWorks pixhawk 2 carrier board? it lets you mount all the internals of solo onto any quad frame you want with full wifi sololink capability and accessory bay access.

this may be the answer to a heavy lift option or increased flight time.

View attachment 3152[/QUOTE
Hello solo fans. I have two quads: a solo and one that I wish would fly like my solo. So where can I buy this SpektreWorks pixhawk2 carrier board as it would make me and quad #2 happy campers. FYI I visited the SpektreWorks site and the only solo item they have for sale is a charging backpack. I would love any links to this item and or any instruction or thread that could guide me thru this awesome transformation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44