My Solo Crashed HARD = Always keep an eye on that battery level, period!

"This is also a place to relieve a few frustrations. As long as people don't get "too" loose, let 'em roll!"
TJ

TJ,

I'm not really being fair or honest. I'm a bit miffed. I'm also a straight shooter. What happened to EarlGray? That guy had a lot to offer many of us here, certainly me. I hear he's gone because of a new moderator. Is that true? Is he gone because of something between the two of you? Give me the straight scoop, I really don't know what it is. What I do know is that guy really helped me sort through some stuff and I'm hearing he's gone now. I can't imagine why but maybe you have some insight. Please share.

Jerry

TJ,

I'm not really being fair or honest. I'm a bit miffed. I'm also a straight shooter. What happened to EarlGray? That guy had a lot to offer many of us here, certainly me. I hear he's gone because of a new moderator. Is that true? Is he gone because of something between the two of you? Give me the straight scoop, I really don't know what it is. What I do know is that guy really helped me sort through some stuff and I'm hearing he's gone now. I can't imagine why but maybe you have some insight. Please share.

Jerry
I just notice that to EarlGray has been pretty quiet ..I just thought he go busy with life? Did he delete his account ? Would hate to lose him!
I think he's very helpful to this forum..

This just in - New moderator in town caught in public liking himself way too much causes thread to derail and promises to "smash" out the good, the bad, and the ugly with only his thumb.

I just notice that to EarlGray has been pretty quiet ..I just thought he go busy with life? Did he delete his account ? Would hate to lose him!
I think he's very helpful to this forum..

Dell,

I can't respond to your profile message. For some reason profile messaging doesn't work on my account. I tried to respond 3 times.

Jerry

Reactions: JBAlaska
Dell,

I can't respond to your profile message. For some reason profile messaging doesn't work on my account. I tried to respond 3 times.

Jerry
I hear yah Jerry...Mabe it's just a temporarily glitch with the server and will self correct it self in do time..!!
But an any case..I'll keep you updated if he gets back to me..
Because I'm pretty curious about the whole situation !

Cheers

Reactions: J R
I hear yah Jerry...Mabe it's just a temporarily glitch with the server and will self correct it self in do time..!!
But an any case..I'll keep you updated if he gets back to me..
Because I'm pretty curious about the whole situation !

Cheers

Ever hear, let sleeping dogs lay. I think I kicked the dog...

'Nough said.

Jerry

Reactions: Del
For those inquiring minds, LuvMyTJ has contacted me via PM and given me a long explanation about some issue that arose here. An explanation that, quite frankly, was unnecessary and shouldn't have been requested by me anyway. Those who know me, know this isn't a back down. I didn't come here to get into forum politics and by bringing this up I did just that. I won't be making that mistake again. Mr. Luv didn't owe me an explanation and I give him credit for providing one anyway. I apologized to him for prying into affairs that I had no business concerning myself with in the first place. I apologize to the rest of you for doing so as well.

I'm here to learn, to share my experiences and to have a bit of fun along the way. I'm not here to concern myself with the inner workings of this forum. I'm going back to what I came here for in the first place. Sorry for the detour.

Jerry

Hi Chip
How high were you when you started coming down? Looks like about 800' or so.
I know mine gets up quick but takes twice as long coming down. I have had some
close calls and now try to come down when I'm at 30% or so depending how far away I
am and how high. Also curious to see how long 3DR takes.

Hey Chip, Glad to hear 3DR is working with you on this. Regarding the logs, they should also be on your tablet. Would be an interesting one to see if you can find it. Post it up if you get a chance.. And thanks for posting!

Jubal

Now just what the heck do what do we have here now?, a positive, supportive and constructive input, yep I think so. Thanks @Jubair! (you always do anyway man).

Dang good idea, I will definitely check the tablet - forgot about that simple mistake in my head.

Cheers

Hey Chip, Glad to hear 3DR is working with you on this. Regarding the logs, they should also be on your tablet. Would be an interesting one to see if you can find it. Post it up if you get a chance.. And thanks for posting!

Jubal

Will definitely post an update on this. 3DR has been great so far, shipping out FedEx Monday first thing.

Cheers

For those inquiring minds, LuvMyTJ has contacted me via PM and given me a long explanation about some issue that arose here. An explanation that, quite frankly, was unnecessary and shouldn't have been requested by me anyway. Those who know me, know this isn't a back down. I didn't come here to get into forum politics and by bringing this up I did just that. I won't be making that mistake again. Mr. Luv didn't owe me an explanation and I give him credit for providing one anyway. I apologized to him for prying into affairs that I had no business concerning myself with in the first place. I apologize to the rest of you for doing so as well.

I'm here to learn, to share my experiences and to have a bit of fun along the way. I'm not here to concern myself with the inner workings of this forum. I'm going back to what I came here for in the first place. Sorry for the detour.

Jerry
Off topic..so please forgive me!
Just jumping in..then jumping out:)

Hey Jerry.. Iv been following this thread...and in my opinion..I don't think you need to apologize for anything really!!
In my mind ..you did nothing wrong!

But just my opinion and thought...there is politics everywhere you go !!
For example ..going to work!! I hate the politics at my work ..but I still have to go 5 days a week!! So I tried to deal with the politics the best that I can so I can enjoy my day ! The more I stay away from it..the more I enjoy my day! So I just go with the flow. And try to work with a piece of mind! So you just gotta draw that line how much drama you want in your life!
For another example .. I love this forum..and met a lot of great people..and learned one hell of a lot from you Jerry and a lot of other great people on this forum..but again Iv come across some other members post that were quite disrespectful !!!!!!!! I was ready to jump all over them and put there ass in there place..!!! But then I thought..Why!!!! It would be like creating a snow ball rolling down the hill ..and going no where! I feel a lot of times that two wrongs don't make a wright ! I just stay quiet ..and it goes away...it's amazing how much power silence has..lol
But when we do have those disrespectful post ..That's when monitors comes in and try to keep the ballance to his or her ability to keep the peace and keep thing on topic! Which I think we need! Some time people don't agree with them...but we still need them!

So I guess my point is... The more you get involved in any kinda politics...the more drama your gonna have in your life,!

I'm just to old for that shit...lol

Just my thought

Now I need another glass of wine:)

I your read my UPDATE, I did not mess up. Enough bashing here until you know all the FACTS. I joined this forum to share and for HELPFUL input from fellow Solo owners, NOT to be criticized. If this is not the case, then I will cancel my forum membership here period, and move elsewhere.

Thank you.

constructive criticism =/= bashing.

You posted your update after my post, I don't know why you're getting upset.

What happens sucks but still doesn't change the fact you went into uncharted territories for RTF quadcopters, 1300m+. It's like overvolting the CPU to oblivion and frying it, you took risks going in, when you unlocked the altitude limit it gives you that warning and you broke the 400ft ceiling. I'm not familiar with the FAA regulations as I don't live in the US, but I don't recall there being exceptions like contacting the local ATC. Correct me if i'm wrong. I do agree you kept it in a somewhat controlled environment os I will give you props for that. It's good for the community to learn about the RMA process and to know the limits of the Solo but I'm not really surprised a consumer quadcopter failed when going ABOVE 1km AGL. This is literally a product a 12 year can walk-in to their local Best Buy and be flying in minutes. I doubt 3DR did stringent testing on the Solo

Let's for a second even forget the failure, if you believe leaving 60% battery was adequate enough to come down from ~4400ft, please explain your reasoning. Sure acesend/descend doesn't have a linear drain on the battery but descend rate is half of ascend. It just seems like even if your controller link was perfectly fine, you wouldn't have made it anyways with the RTH you initiated.

Can you also post if you were flying directing overhead? How far was Solo from home?

Sure you're being grilled a litle bit here, but the more info you provide from our questions, the more we are all learning

Last edited:
If you get an "oops" where you fly, you're probably going to need a submarine to retrieve it! I'm not brave enough and don't have enough confidence in Solo to fly over anything except solid ground.
I have flown mine over the ocean a couple of times and rivers it can pinch some nerves at times but nothing happened usually your better over oceans though with gps because there is nothing to block them it's as wide open as you can get but flying manual I have not tried yet and need a few more times before that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig