Mro GPS Settings

Reaction score
This is what I am getting with u Center. It looks like 5 different constellations are enabled.

Is that kosher with the solo? I believe Matt was saying that more than 2 would cause errors. MRO%20GPS%20screen%20shot.jpg

So I disabled Galileo...huuge improvement in getting satellites indoor, like 10 in less than 30 sec, whereas I wasn't getting any indoors before with all 3 constellations enabled. Not sure if that will make much difference in the air though.

The number of sats indoors is completely irrelevant due to multipath and other effects. Go outside in an non obstructed environment and compare the different GNSS configuration settings. Depending on your location you will find the lowest HDOP and VDOP values with GPS and GLONASS enabled. Galileo is not yet globally available. If you live in Europe, to add Galileo will improve accuracy.
BeiDou makes only sense if you live in China region.

I hear you, what I was saying is, all other factors being equal, I am now getting a lock in under a minute at home when I was at 0 satellites previously. That's after disabling Galileo.

So I disabled Galileo...huuge improvement in getting satellites indoor, like 10 in less than 30 sec, whereas I wasn't getting any indoors before with all 3 constellations enabled. Not sure if that will make much difference in the air though.

Hi I just read this post and I have the latest mro gps. Can I ask how you managed to disable Galileo on the gps?

There is a youtube video that explains how:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried to download U-Center from the U-Blox website and I get a virus warning Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A Severe, what's the deal?

I tried to download U-Center from the U-Blox website and I get a virus warning Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A Severe, what's the deal?
I just downloaded and installed on a new PC that I have and didn't have any problems or warnings. I'm using Norton Security on this PC. Here's where I download U-Center from: u-center.

Same location and file I attempted to download. For whatever reason Windows Defender pops up with a warning and then deletes the file from the downloads folder.

FYI running ucenter through the Solo's wifi telemetry generally sucks and often fails. If your PC is plugged into the cube by USB, then that method works fine. If you have the mRo with a USB port, you can just use that directly too.

SBAS and QZSS are augmentations, not primary systems. Those should both always be enabled.

The 4 primary constellations are GPS (USA), GLONASS (Russian), GALILEO (European), and BEIDOU (Chinese). On the M8N GPS (such the mRo or HERE), you should only have two primary systems enabled. GPS and GLONASS are the only two with complete, operational global coverage, and those are the two you should have enabled. That's the default from ublox as well.

mRo decided to play a bullshit marketing game by enabling a third system (Galileo) and brag about how they ship it with a better configuration. Of course, they totally ignored the technical reasons that it's a bad idea. The solution rate drops to 3hz, which is too slow. This is why ublox doesn't do that from the factory to begin with. IDK if mRo did this because they're clueless, or because they don't care.

Reactions: AOtarolaR
I have the mRo board and it’s about a year old, maybe older. I don’t recall the USB connector on it and I’m almost certain it was from the era you describe with the 3rd system enabled. That’s why I want to check it. I haven’t flown in some time so I’m catching up on all the latest. I want to install Open Solo and check out the GPS while I’m at it.

Went back & looked and it was Feb 2017 when I ordered the mRo GPS upgrade.

I have the mRo board, purple I believe and it's been in Solo for almost a year now. Been an awesome upgrade. Locks like 20 sats in 30 secs or so. It definitely does have a USB port, although I've never had a reason to use it.
I have the mRo board and it’s about a year old, maybe older. I don’t recall the USB connector on it and I’m almost certain it was from the era you describe with the 3rd system enabled. That’s why I want to check it. I haven’t flown in some time so I’m catching up on all the latest. I want to install Open Solo and check out the GPS while I’m at it.

Went back & looked and it was Feb 2017 when I ordered the mRo GPS upgrade.

Had a look tonite, the mRo board is black with no USB port. It has an addtl pcb connector next to the output connector. I guess I’ll try Ucenter and see what I find.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc