Hi I was just texting back n forth with another guy who gave me this link. Wanted to say great job on this I know it’s old but it’s still cool. So I’m interested in doing this same setup. Question is I’m not the best at soldering but wanted to know did you just simply use the solder guns tip to separate the old wires from the esc? And to solder it back was it the same way or did you use flux?

I doubt you'll hear back from Roland, he is MIA with another drone(s)....

The solder work isn't difficult, but it's a little tight to other components. If you are asking those types of questions you may want to consider getting a local repair shop to give you a hand. Since we are talking about things that make Solo fly....or not.

If you are just determined to DIY, then read through the thread. Plenty of discussion about soldering, wiring and gotchas. Measure twice, cut once...

I doubt you'll hear back from Roland, he is MIA with another drone(s)....

That’s sucks but hey thanks for the response. I think I might practice soldering random things first till I get good then go for it. When it’s all said and done I want to say I did this haha

The solder work isn't difficult, but it's a little tight to other components. If you are asking those types of questions you may want to consider getting a local repair shop to give you a hand. Since we are talking about things that make Solo fly....or not.

If you are just determined to DIY, then read through the thread. Plenty of discussion about soldering, wiring and gotchas. Measure twice, cut once...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig