More bad video!

That's funny, better video with a kite.

Hahahaha

So I flew again today trying to make sure the gimbal was nice and free to move. I got 2 of the worst vidoes I have ever recorded. So much jello effect that I don't even think I can get a still shot. I also had a loss of control on the first flight. Just started drifting and the controller was vibrating. It was up about 100ft and 50 ft out. So far this is a complete POS. I could get better video with a kite.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
better

I'm getting very bad jello and pixelation on all flights. I tried adjusting the camera frame rate as well as playing with the cord. I really hope the gimbal fixes these problems. It won't fix the pixelation, though - anybody else having that problem?

I'm getting very bad jello and pixelation on all flights. I tried adjusting the camera frame rate as well as playing with the cord. I really hope the gimbal fixes these problems. It won't fix the pixelation, though - anybody else having that problem?

Pixelation? Gimbal is not going to help that. Is this happening at close range too or just distance as the signal drops. I assume this is just on your device and not on your SD card.

As mentioned, is the pixelation on the recording? Or the live video?

If recording, try viewing on a heftier PC. If that doesn't solve it, it could be the camera.

If it is live feed look at signal. If signal is OK try heftier tablet. Antennas pointing DOWN at 45 degs?

If signal, try FPLR or DBMods aftermarket antennas.

So I flew again today trying to make sure the gimbal was nice and free to move. I got 2 of the worst vidoes I have ever recorded. So much jello effect that I don't even think I can get a still shot. I also had a loss of control on the first flight. Just started drifting and the controller was vibrating. It was up about 100ft and 50 ft out. So far this is a complete POS. I could get better video with a kite.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ND Filter is a necessity for decent video - mostly useless video without it.. GoPRO 3+ Filers

Reactions: Leafy
Well, the flight was the second day I had it and I ran it up to 400' (where it loss signal during a slow pan and returned home). This is my first drone and I really have no experience with this sort of thing. Like an idiot, I haven't even removed my MSD card to look at it - I'm sure the pixelation will not show up there.

Props have not been balanced and I do not have an ND filter. I read the earlier info on balancing, which I will do. Where can I find the ND filters? I will also point antennas properly from now on.

Thanks guys!

Well, the flight was the second day I had it and I ran it up to 400' (where it loss signal during a slow pan and returned home). This is my first drone and I really have no experience with this sort of thing. Like an idiot, I haven't even removed my MSD card to look at it - I'm sure the pixelation will not show up there.

Props have not been balanced and I do not have an ND filter. I read the earlier info on balancing, which I will do. Where can I find the ND filters? I will also point antennas properly from now on.

Thanks guys!
. GoPRO 3+ Filers Clickable link

Trying to figure out why we're entertaining convo about bad video when most of us know that if you expect anything other than bad video without a gimbal then you yourself have a screw loose. I didn't watch the video but I'll agree; yup - it's bad video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc