Mission planner questions

Reaction score
Is there a way to load a mission plan and fly it without having mission planner present (saved on solo)?

Is there a way to activate the mission plan on the solo controller?

How do you know if you are flying optimized during a mission armed flight?
Seems like I'm banking too aggressive on some of the turns, do I add loiter, I want to do a gentle lightbulb turn on the ends?

Is there any way in mission to automatically snap the tram passes to 300 ft wide?

I'm running iOS, would prefer to use mission verses tower.

Not sure what you are asking. I believe you would have to have Mission Planner connected via UDP in order to initiate the waypoint mission. I don't know of any way you could do it with the controller...unless you remapped the buttons.

Can I save a mission on solo, leave the computer, drive 30 miles, launch the bird and kick in the mission somehow?

I think once you power off Solo, the mission is wiped out.

Do you have a windows laptop with wireless? Andriod device for Tower?

I think once you power off Solo, the mission is wiped out.
this is not true. The mission stays. You must be careful not to go into "auto" with an old mission still prgrammed,

Can I save a mission on solo, leave the computer, drive 30 miles, launch the bird and kick in the mission somehow?
yes, you can do this, though I am not sure if you can do it with iOS.
It is not recommended to fly mission planner missions with tower, but I do it all the time as I don't see any other option. (the 5th thing not to do: Tower Best Practices | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology)

It is not recommended to fly mission planner missions with tower, but I do it all the time as I don't see any other option. (the 5th thing not to do: Tower Best Practices | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology)
Actually, I believe what they are referring to is not loading a mission from MP INTO tower. If you just plan the mission in MP and upload to the Solo, then all you are using Tower for is to initiate the mission using the Auto selection. Once Solo is flying a mission the controller nor Tower are doing anything but monitoring progress.

I'm not sure the OP is even using Tower. He states he is using IOS only. He wants to upload the mission. Travel to the flying area then somehow initiate the mission. He asked if there was any way to initiate using the controller.

Actually, I believe what they are referring to is not loading a mission from MP INTO tower. If you just plan the mission in MP and upload to the Solo, then all you are using Tower for is to initiate the mission using the Auto selection. Once Solo is flying a mission the controller nor Tower are doing anything but monitoring progress.

I prefer your interpretation to mine.
But... when you connect, it downloads the waypoints, isn't that 'loading the mission'?

I'm not sure the OP is even using Tower. He states he is using IOS only. He wants to upload the mission. Travel to the flying area then somehow initiate the mission. He asked if there was any way to initiate using the controller.
OK. I was just referring to the article Steve quoted. Until they add 'Auto' to the advanced selection, I don't know of any way to start a mission.

OK. I was just referring to the article Steve quoted. Until they add 'Auto' to the advanced selection, I don't know of any way to start a mission.
And I was just thinking about that. It would be an added feature particularly for those using IOS only and don't have access to Tower.

And I was just thinking about that. It would be an added feature particularly for those using IOS only and don't have access to Tower.
It would be really easy for them to add that. If I remember correctly, the controller shows 'Autonomous' while flying a mission, so it at least isn't something foreign to controller and they planned for it.

You can fly Mission Planner missions while using Tower, it just not recommended to load those missions into Tower to edit them. Basically you just use Tower to initiate the mission.

Reactions: Burkeam
I am new to Solo and trying to setup a flight track in Mission Planner to use Solo as a means of capturing photographic data for a relatively large farm. My concern is that Solo will try to "return to home" after getting out of range of the controller. Does the return to home feature have to be disabled in some way prior to doing an autonomous flight? So far my Solo has been flying great with the exception of it straying a couple meters away from it's original start point if I use the return to home feature. Any ideas would be sincerely appreciated on disabling the return to home feature in the event of a loss of connectivity to the controller... essentially if the Solo gets out of range it should continue with the mission as defined. Thanks, -Mike

I am new to Solo and trying to setup a flight track in Mission Planner to use Solo as a means of capturing photographic data for a relatively large farm. My concern is that Solo will try to "return to home" after getting out of range of the controller. Does the return to home feature have to be disabled in some way prior to doing an autonomous flight? So far my Solo has been flying great with the exception of it straying a couple meters away from it's original start point if I use the return to home feature. Any ideas would be sincerely appreciated on disabling the return to home feature in the event of a loss of connectivity to the controller... essentially if the Solo gets out of range it should continue with the mission as defined. Thanks, -Mike
Yes you need to change a parameter to disable that particular fail safe.

FS_GCS_ENABLE
Set it to 0 or 2

I use 0, but probably 2 is the better choice for you.

It's described here:
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/

I really like the gimbal control in Tower. Something I just stumbled on to.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44