MAS MR series 3-BLADE 9X4.5 PROP SET X2 BLACK who will be the first to try these out?

Supposed to lower the current consumption on unburdened Solo (no gimbal). So, not for me quite yet.

Supposedly tri-blades yield smoother more responsive flight, which should make the Solo a bit more fun in manual flight modes. They also tend to be a bit easier to balance.

For me, I fly my work Solos for field survey so flight time is paramount to me, and these are not going to do me any favors.

They seem like a nice set of props, though.

Reactions: XevetS
I guess I'm wondering why they are 9x4.5 rather than 10x4.5?

And why they don't have the recess for the nut? I might still spring for a couple sets just to see what comes. For ~$20 seems a low cost experiment....

I guess I'm wondering why they are 9x4.5 rather than 10x4.5?

And why they don't have the recess for the nut? I might still spring for a couple sets just to see what comes. For ~$20 seems a low cost experiment....
It all has to do with gearing. When changing from a 2 bladed prop to a 3 bladed prop you need to drop 1 number, meaning if you are using a 10 x 4.5 2 blade and you want the equivalent 3 blade you should either go with a 9 x 4.5 or a 10 x 3.5 in order to get the same performance, rpm's, current draw etc. If you wish to go with a 4 bladed prop, you would need to drop 2 numbers, so from the stock 10 x 4.5 you should drop to either an 8 x 4.5, 9 x 3.5 or a 10 x 2.5 and so on.
If you are currently using a 3 or a 4 bladed prop and want to go to a 2 blade just reverse the process.
Scotty68

My two sets were delivered today!!! Can't wait to try them, will let you know how they are.

STOP !!!! DO NOT FIT THE SOLO'S MOTOR'S. Got home and ripped open the package and quickly saw that they don't fit on the shaft.Also do not come with prop nuts and the price is for two props 1 CW 1 CCWs1 003.JPGs1 002.JPGs1 001.JPG

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Bummer.

What has MAS had to say about that particular issue? They are usually pretty responsive.

You likely could ream the prop hubs to fit down further. But having the short hub on stock motors will likely only engage 1-2 threads once you have the proper nuts. Not a warm/fuzzy install.

Ok, just got off the phone with MAS. Here is the deal, even with the solo in the ad they are not for it. The solo props will be out in about a week and will have pressed in prop nuts. I'm on there list to get the first ones so I will let you know when I get them.

Ok, just got off the phone with MAS. Here is the deal, even with the solo in the ad they are not for it. The solo props will be out in about a week and will have pressed in prop nuts. I'm on there list to get the first ones so I will let you know when I get them.
What the? Hey man that sucks Why in the heck did they show the props on a Solo? Are they going to reimburse you?

What the? Hey man that sucks Why in the heck did they show the props on a Solo? Are they going to reimburse you?
Yes they said thy would credit towards the solo Props ( I think they may be more)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44