Map view in manual.

Reaction score
I just sent 3DR a message about this but don't expect an answer for a couple days.

In the manual it talks about swiping from the left to get Map view. I do this and it goes straight to full screen and no small map like listed below. I am running android.

It also says something about cellular. 3DR told me before I bought tablet that there was no advantage to cellular except you have to cache your maps ahead of time.

So...

Does anyone get a small map? Split screen and if so is your device android or IOS and do you have a cellular tablet.

I guess I need to try my phone.

map.jpg

I just sent 3DR a message about this but don't expect an answer for a couple days.

In the manual it talks about swiping from the left to get Map view. I do this and it goes straight to full screen and no small map like listed below. I am running android.

It also says something about cellular. 3DR told me before I bought tablet that there was no advantage to cellular except you have to cache your maps ahead of time.

So...

Does anyone get a small map? Split screen and if so is your device android or IOS and do you have a cellular tablet.

I guess I need to try my phone.

View attachment 116
Don't swipe the whole way across the screen. Just swipe a little less than a quarter of the way and let go. It should lock in the small map split screen. iOS app for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks @Miken I guess I was swiping to hard and fast. Their instructions are lacking.

Just noticed I get satellite when connected to regular WIFI and map view when connected to Solo. Have maps cached. Are you able to toggle back and forth? Choose map or satellite ?

Thanks @Miken I guess I was swiping to hard and fast. Their instructions are lacking.

Just noticed I get satellite when connected to regular WIFI and map view when connected to Solo. Have maps cached. Are you able to toggle back and forth? Choose map or satellite ?
I am using an iPhone 5s. I have always had the sat image. I have LTE so I don't worry about the map cache. I would like to change the base map between map, sat, hybrid, and terrain.

Yea me too. It seems that if you don't have LTE it runs map mode and if you do it runs Satellite. No choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc