Magnetic Interference

I am very familiar with the issue now after trying to reposition my origanal one to lift the board for excess to install a flexible HDMI ribbon. I had no idea it was that easy to damage, the ribbon was looped and showing at the upper part of the control board, I repositioned it below the board so to give me more room to get the LH side of the board past the solo body for access to the HDMI female attach receptacle. Not sure if the ribbon was installed correctly initially.

I purchased one on eBay, it came in a box with two boards for some reason wrapped in newspaper. After examining them one board had three wires on the ribbon detached from the board and a missing c/p on top of the board, the second board seamed to be in better condition but when carefully moving the ribbon it appeared to look like the solider joint on the fwd side was work harden and ready to break.

I am an aircraft mechanic with 43 years of expereancing and have never come across a ribbon that was so stiff and poorly designed, along with a very sloppy solider joint.

I am hoping that what I have experience with three boards is my bad luck and that yours has better workmanship. I will video tape the unpacking and installation of the board so if something does break I can post the video and hope someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong.

ok.
do not feel bad. I also notice the design of the connector, when I need my wifi card upgrade inside of one of my solo's. I learn how to do micro-soldering to electronic components when i was on Active duty in USMC. The connect is a bad design. I do not think that 3dr mean for solo to be upgrade by the user, because otherwise I think that they would have made solo components a little more ruggedized. all of the connectors on the motherboard need to be designed a little better.

Hi,

Same problem with Magnetic Interference in my Solo. I've done calibration few times via Solo App and also via APM Planner 2.0 but still I have same message. Strange that this occur after connecting Solo to APM Planner 2.0 on my MacBook Pro. Any idea? Friend told me that I might update something by APM Planner and that might cause problem...

I had magnetic interference and trouble doing calibration until I replaced the compass leg.

Reactions: RDA
Today I tried leg swap with compass but same magnetic interference error occur. Any idea how to check if compass or anything else is faulty? How to check parameters with new APM Planner 2.0.25?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea