Magnetic Interference - metal camera

ant

Reaction score
I fly a 3DR Solo - Is there a way to shield a metal camera from interfering with the "magnetic Interference" message? I'm taping the camera directly to a mounted pad.

I fly a 3DR Solo - Is there a way to shield a metal camera from interfering with the "magnetic Interference" message? I'm taping the camera directly to a mounted pad.

I fly with a home made gimbal and mirrorless camera under one of my Solos. Magnetic interference, and calibration, are two of the challenges of mounting anything to the Solo. Material of what you are attaching and location are important factors.

I am not aware of any shielding as an option.

The flight controller with sensors is located in the Solo's belly just behind the gimbal mount plate. Any metal placed near this location will likely cause magnetic interference. You will have to keep any metal objects away from this location. Change your mounting location, material for mount, and/or move camera further away.

Also, anytime that you change what is mounted to your Solo you should re-calibrate before flying. Attach the camera, calibrate, and always fly with the camera. If you are going to fly without the camera at some point, remove it and recalibrate before flying. Repeat calibration whenever you change attached devices, or fly with/without devices.

+ if magnetic interference doesn't go away, always can disable internal compass and use only that whats on the leg (btw it is the primary one)
I fly with internal compass disabled, understanding the risk

Reactions: perkele

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela