"Magnetic Interference" wont go away...

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster....

I own two SOLO UAV's and have had no real issues that I wold consider abnormal for any UAV until Friday.

SOLO #1 was involved in a low alt impact with an object and crashed.... No damage other than one lost prop. SOLO landed on its legs after crash. Powered unit down, went home and put it away.

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon and I went flying again. Upon power up SOLO immediately says "Magnetic Interference" and obviously wont go further.

I tried doing the compass calibration via connected iPad Mini and it always fails... the green status bar gets exactly half way across the screen and then go no further, then ultimately fails.

I have tried moving the compass leg from SOLO #2 to SOLO #1 and the error persists and will not calibrate.

I even flew SOLO #2 with the compass leg from SOLO #1 and it calibrated and flew fine....

I have opened a ticket with 3DR but was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks in advance

I experienced this one time out of nowhere. I did have mission planner open at the time and I dont know what I did but I remember I was looking at the compass setting page and if I recall correctly there are different tabs that allow you to select the type of compass you have and as soon as I clicked on one of the tabs at the top of the screen the magnetic interference warning on the Solo controller disappeared. I suppose it could have been a coincidence but it seems strange. I tried everything to get rid of the magnetic interference message and nothing worked. I think I even tried a factory reset. I don't have solo connected right now so I can't say exactly what screen I was on and what I selected. I didn't save any config. I just merely toggled something.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, first time poster....

I own two SOLO UAV's and have had no real issues that I wold consider abnormal for any UAV until Friday.

SOLO #1 was involved in a low alt impact with an object and crashed.... No damage other than one lost prop. SOLO landed on its legs after crash. Powered unit down, went home and put it away.

Fast forward to Saturday afternoon and I went flying again. Upon power up SOLO immediately says "Magnetic Interference" and obviously wont go further.

I tried doing the compass calibration via connected iPad Mini and it always fails... the green status bar gets exactly half way across the screen and then go no further, then ultimately fails.

I have tried moving the compass leg from SOLO #2 to SOLO #1 and the error persists and will not calibrate.

I even flew SOLO #2 with the compass leg from SOLO #1 and it calibrated and flew fine....

I have opened a ticket with 3DR but was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks in advance
Try flipping the compass itself around.let me know how you make out.
I experienced this one time out of nowhere. I did have mission planner open at the time and I dont know what I did but I remember I was looking at the compass setting page and if I recall correctly there are different tabs that allow you to select the type of compass you have and as soon as I clicked on one of the tabs at the top of the screen the magnetic interference warning on the Solo controller disappeared. I suppose it could have been a coincidence but it seems strange. I tried everything to get rid of the magnetic interference message and nothing worked. I think I even tried a factory reset. I don't have solo connected right now so I can't say exactly what screen I was on and what I selected. I didn't save any config. I just merely toggled something.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I had this just yesterday at a client shoot. Solo said magnetic interference for so long that I eventually asked the client if they had invisible leash or something (nope).

Eventually cleared.

do you have a cell phone when you do your compass calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44