Madhacker 3DR Solo Battery Charging Adaptor and Diagnostics Tool

Reaction score
Some others have mentioned this tool on the Solo forum (can't find the thread right now), but I wanted to give you my initial impressions.
The tool can be found here: 3DR Solo Battery charging adapter and diagnostics tool. – Madhacker.org

I believe in addition to the $45 price, the seller charges $4 shipping to the USA. Item was shipped the following business day, and a notification was sent to my PayPal email address what the package will look like - impressive!
The tool arrived today, about a week later. I've included several photos of the install, and the data screens. Sounds like the item also has the ability to update the firmware in the future if needed. So far it looks great!

_AMB1321.jpg _AMB1322.jpg _AMB1325.jpg

Attachments

• _AMB1327.jpg
    _AMB1327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 217
  • _AMB1314.jpg
    _AMB1314.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 197
  • _AMB1315.jpg
    _AMB1315.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
  • _AMB1316.jpg
    _AMB1316.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
  • _AMB1317.jpg
    _AMB1317.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 187
Sounds like where I ordered mine from. Norway, got an email saying it was coming in a plain white envelope, to avoid the extra cost of shipping other ways. Have not checked my PO box in a few days, maybe it's here!

Reactions: WilliamImhoff
Once one has the data what use can it be put to? Not sure I yet understand the utility of getting the data.

I can see your wheels turning Rich.
They don't stop, just need more air in them...

Just thinking how to set this up in series with a charger setup. I made a couple of battery terminals for my battery dis-charger, 1/16" is correct thickness, the picture above was misleading as to what they were...seemed thicker to these eyes.

It'd be cool if @PdxSteve 's was doing this...gone, but not forgotten...?

The blades on the stock charger are 1.2 mm, so the battery tool's blades are thinker, but work fine.
Yes, it looks like it would be easy to put the Madhacker's tool in line with a battery charger. In fact you could probably just connect the 4 wires to your battery charger and use whatever connector you are currently using. Just need four wires: +, - and 2 data lines._AMB1314.jpg

They don't stop, just need more air in them...

Just thinking how to set this up in series with a charger setup. I made a couple of battery terminals for my battery dis-charger, 1/16" is correct thickness, the picture above was misleading as to what they were...seemed thicker to these eyes.

It'd be cool if @PdxSteve 's was doing this...gone, but not forgotten...?
What happened? Last I saw he was a mod- gone now? This is right up his alley.

Soldered male and female XT60 connectors onto mine so I can hook it up to my LiPo charger.

aUOwIyZ.jpg

Not sure how or what you are doing, just reacting to what you've shown...

Hold on there big boy...those spades are nothing more than circuit boards on that little gizmo. I'd imagine they'll fry up with a few amps pumping through it... Soldering a bridge is no solution.

I'd be happy to make you some properly sized copper terminals to replace those circuit board terminals for the power and ground...

Not sure how or what you are doing, just reacting to what you've shown...

Hold on there big boy...those spades are nothing more than circuit boards on that little gizmo. I'd imagine they'll fry up with a few amps pumping through it... Soldering a bridge is no solution.

I'd be happy to make you some properly sized copper terminals to replace those circuit board terminals for the power and ground...

What makes you think they can't handle it? The dude who built it uses it in the same manner. From his site, that's what those are for. Also, it will never charge at more than 6 amps and I don't see discharging it more than maybe 10 amps for testing. Picture from his site:

SoloBatt_w_conn.jpg

Last edited:
The look like what's built into the ehang ghostdrone batterries

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Soldered male and female XT60 connectors onto mine so I can hook it up to my LiPo charger.

aUOwIyZ.jpg
Huh? What's the point here? How do you get to the BMS data? Sorry, I just can't see why you'd eliminate the Solo specific plug. What am I missing?
Dan

Huh? What's the point here? How do you get to the BMS data? Sorry, I just can't see why you'd eliminate the Solo specific plug. What am I missing?
Dan
I didn't silly. These are on the other side where the plastic cover is. The device plugs into the battery. Then I can plug the other side into my LiPo charger and charge or discharge it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc