Low Level Solo Flyaway's/Crashes : now 7 times, anyone else?

each time you turn your solo on and off that is considered a log.
and the only go back 3 logs so all the other ones will not be available.

There are more logs available than three Don. You just have to get them differently. They have more details too.

Actually I believe there are the last 10 logs stored on the controller, only 3 are sent by the support ticket method.

yeah that was what the tech told me when i put in a ticket to 3dr.

The motors spun for quite some time in that video after the Solo flew into the foliage... Did you try the emergency stop procedure?

I was wondering this...
@Chip Luck ..If everything els fails trying to figure out the problem at its Source..! I'm thinking that is it possible that your FW has a Glitch..?
How about bringing your Solo and Controler back to its (out of the box original Factory firmware state) then reload the latest FW back into your Solo and Controler again! I don't know if this would correct your problem your having..but mabe its worth a shot!
Mabe someone with more experience than me could shed some light on this ideal?

The motors spun for quite some time in that video after the Solo flew into the foliage... Did you try the emergency stop procedure?

Yes I did and it worked A+B+Pause, just took a few seconds. Also the 'upside down mode' has been tested after updates and it definitely works automatically.

The thing is after all this, Solo and GoPro is in good shape, less 11 prop's...

Cheers

I was wondering this...
@Chip Luck ..If everything els fails trying to figure out the problem at its Source..! I'm thinking that is it possible that your FW has a Glitch..?
How about bringing your Solo and Controler back to its (out of the box original Factory firmware state) then reload the latest FW back into your Solo and Controler again! I don't know if this would correct your problem your having..but mabe its worth a shot!
Mabe someone with more experience than me could shed some light on this ideal?

That thought has crossed my mind, going to finish up playing with tlogs and MP for a while. As mentioned before, 1 test flight today 'in the trees' waiting to go into Manual, and had NO issues whatsoever.

Cheers

I have had 7 total low level flyaway's as of the last flight a few days ago. First, let me state I have had NO 'high' altitude flyaway's, ever. Seems to occur a a low altitude around 10 feet or so, and always around the home position. Flight mode is in default GPS mode, no smart shot modes, etc. All flights, Solo started up, GPS fix, etc. all completed before flight. Solo always appeared to be stable after pressing FLY button and would hover within a 1-3 foot pattern. Then I would do the usual flying around, capturing video and everything would be fine.

Now, EVERY TIME this has occurred has been near the HOME position and ALWAYS in a stationary or hover mode, then Solo will just bank, or dive (I have never noticed it turning) and head right into the woods, bushes, trees, etc.

I had no control over Solo with the Controller, it happens really quick. Solo just acted like "I need to be over there, not here" and just took off. Thank God nobody has been hurt, there was one close call while hovering in front of a sound booth, Solo almost entered the sound booth window, and that would have been REAL BAD. Instead, it veered forward (again NO control input from myself was in hover), hit the side of the elevate booth, hit my friends van, then a SUV and landed on the ground. That time = open sky, no trees to interfere with GPS.

I will no longer fly Solo near people again until I can find out what is going here. No, I have not yet sent log files to 3DR, but will today.

Anyway, here is a link to flyaway number 7 on YouTube, the actual flyaway is around the 4:11 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will have a complete compilation of all 7 flyaway's/crashes up soon on YouTube.

Any one else having this problem?
Had this problem once when landing pretty close to the house 10 or 15 feet awAy or so. Solo landed lost gps and tried to take off again on its own straight into the house but I was pretty high up when holding the fly button now I either catch the solo or make sure it is very low before initiating landing.

I have had 7 total low level flyaway's as of the last flight a few days ago. First, let me state I have had NO 'high' altitude flyaway's, ever. Seems to occur a a low altitude around 10 feet or so, and always around the home position. Flight mode is in default GPS mode, no smart shot modes, etc. All flights, Solo started up, GPS fix, etc. all completed before flight. Solo always appeared to be stable after pressing FLY button and would hover within a 1-3 foot pattern. Then I would do the usual flying around, capturing video and everything would be fine.

Now, EVERY TIME this has occurred has been near the HOME position and ALWAYS in a stationary or hover mode, then Solo will just bank, or dive (I have never noticed it turning) and head right into the woods, bushes, trees, etc.

I had no control over Solo with the Controller, it happens really quick. Solo just acted like "I need to be over there, not here" and just took off. Thank God nobody has been hurt, there was one close call while hovering in front of a sound booth, Solo almost entered the sound booth window, and that would have been REAL BAD. Instead, it veered forward (again NO control input from myself was in hover), hit the side of the elevate booth, hit my friends van, then a SUV and landed on the ground. That time = open sky, no trees to interfere with GPS.

I will no longer fly Solo near people again until I can find out what is going here. No, I have not yet sent log files to 3DR, but will today.

Anyway, here is a link to flyaway number 7 on YouTube, the actual flyaway is around the 4:11 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will have a complete compilation of all 7 flyaway's/crashes up soon on YouTube.

Any one else having this problem?
From personal experience I can tell you that the 3DR Solo is a super unreliable low flying bird if you're flying with GPS lock don't, switch to full manual can't tell you how many times my Solo crashed in a similar way to you're video. Seems to me like the Solo has shitty GPS locks, another word's the stock GPS cards in the Solo are easily thrown off by structures especially trees. I can't say that firmware updates will fix this problem but I do know not to fly my Solo near people or low to the ground at least until they release the optical flow. Just look at what happened at the US Open I bet you a million dollars that dude crashed due to GPS lost.

From personal experience I can tell you that the 3DR Solo is a super unreliable low flying bird if you're flying with GPS lock don't, switch to full manual can't tell you how many times my Solo crashed in a similar way to you're video. Seems to me like the Solo has shitty GPS locks, another word's the stock GPS cards in the Solo are easily thrown off by structures especially trees. I can't say that firmware updates will fix this problem but I do know not to fly my Solo near people or low to the ground at least until they release the optical flow. Just look at what happened at the US Open I bet you a million dollars that dude crashed due to GPS lost.

Still not sure that GPS loss is the correct term - yet. Did you send you log files to 3DR?

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Any way you could post one of your logs here? I'd like to take a look.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OK, here is the correct .tlog file for that particular flight shown in the video. Thanks to the advise from @Jubair, I managed to retrieve and save all my Solo .tlog files to my PC. The one file beginning with the word _RangCrash_ is the .tlog file from the flight on the video. There are two other files included both with flyaway's/crashes in the .zip file and start with _THR_, these were in the wide open pretty much. Have 4 more to sort out.

Thanks again for the makers of MP and getting those files!

Let me know what you think, and they are also headed to 3DR. Update soon...

Cheers

---

Attachments

• ChipLuckSoloCrashTlogs_X3.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Any way you could post one of your logs here? I'd like to take a look.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OK, here is the correct .tlog file for that particular flight shown in the video. Thanks to the advise from @Jubair, I managed to retrieve and save all my Solo .tlog files to my PC. The one file beginning with the word _RangeCrash_ is the .tlog file from the flight on the video. There are two other files included both with flyaway's/crashes in the .zip file and start with _THR_, these were in the wide open pretty much. Have 4 more to sort out.

Thanks again for the makers of MP and getting those files!

Let me know what you think, and they are also headed to 3DR. Update soon...

Cheers

---

Attachments

• ChipLuckSoloCrashTlogs_X3.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Unfortunately this is the GPS Glitch that 3DR has admitted to having over and over. I have crashed 3 solos after the GPS Glitch took over and locks out the controller. Nothing responds anymore and the solo starts hovering a few feet from the ground and then it crashes itself or Solo takes a huge turn around you and then crashes into something that wasn't even a worry when you took off.
I know exactly what you feel like when this thing becomes a head hunter and goes after yourself or structures. I have experienced all three failures and it's a scary experience when you are holding the controller and just lose all control. There is a method for calibrating the actual controller on a computer and it will also log that for 3DR which is how they determined I had a bad radio in the controller which they say is part of the GPS Glitch problem. The controller can be the issue but the major concern is your still flying the same Solo and haven't had them replace it yet. They will ship you a complete new setup and take the bad stuff back.
They have done upgrades or retrofits to every solo from the factory. I have had 6 boxes now come from the factory and all 6 had mixed serial numbers on the box that never matched what's inside. Best Buy thought I was trying to exchange one I didn't buy from them and I had to show them emails from 3DR saying never use the serial numbers on the boxes because they don't match. When they still were not sure if I was being truthful they opened a brand new solo and saw that nothing matched what the new box said and they finally realized I was telling the truth.
Just get a new solo and controller and hope it's been updated with whatever they changed out on all of these drones.

I haven't even flown both of my solos since the last replacement/crash. I have received 13 batteries and 2 gimbels and still haven't even done a test flight with the new gimbels because I'm worried about another crash from a glitch.

I'm hoping some major update comes through that cures these issues for us all. I'm waiting on my FAA Exemption and don't want to jeopardize my pilots license for flying a aircraft that's unsafe and more importantly jeopardize anyone's safety.

Maybe today will be a great day to fly if I can drive to the desert and fly over open uninhabited space. However most of us didn't buy Solo to fly where there's nothing to film. We bought solo thinking we could get great Ariel video near beaches and other areas just like 3DR posts for us all to view. I want to see Solo be successful for all of our missions and video needs. I hope 3DR figures out the issue and gets us all flying safer then we currently are. There's a whole new world about to emerge with Drones and UAV's we don't need early injuries and disasters to stop us from seeing this new world take shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44