Lost Solo Signal

Reaction score
Website
biz2.mx
Hi,

Yesterday i went to an open field to take some shoots of a land that i want to sell.
Nearby there are few small houses with only electric service

I have the controller with full battery and Alfa antennas and the solo whit 2 full batteries and de GoPro Hero 4 Black (5.0) also with full battery installed on the gimbal

I took off the first time and raise the solo about 30m and lost all the signal, solo return to home

I change the antenas to the stock ones and try again

I took off raise the solo about 30m and get only 2 bars of signal, then i have full signal and at that point i start to make the shots (1 orbit)

The longest shot was 150m from home and i have only 1 signal bar, after i think 25min (with the 2 batteries) i finish the shots but all the time i just have 2 or 3 signal bars, only when the solo was landing i have full signal

What can i check to verify if it was my solo or controller, or was the zone?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you have an Android device there is an app called Wi-Fi Analyzer that will show you what kind of activity, and possible interference, is in the area.

I tried the Alpha antennas and they were worse than stock for me. Stock antennas were always inconsistent so I switched to the FPVLR.

Hopefully somebody will chime in and let you know if your flight logs might have helpful information, as your video does not show any flight info.

I also did the wi-fi card upgrade.

If you have an Android device there is an app called Wi-Fi Analyzer that will show you what kind of activity, and possible interference, is in the area.

I tried the Alpha antennas and they were worse than stock for me. Stock antennas were always inconsistent so I switched to the FPVLR.

Hopefully somebody will chime in and let you know if your flight logs might have helpful information, as your video does not show any flight info.

Hmmm odd, I've had nothing but good experiences with the Alpha's. Sure they are directional so you need to keep your controller pointed at your drone, but I get very good range out of them, however they don't like objects between them and the drone. The stocks are good if you're planning to do closer orbit shots etc while in motion.

Just be aware if you are in the United States in order to use that footage to sell said property you will need to have a 107 certification as it's considered commercial at that point. Pretty sad huh? I'm Just trying to help a brother out so you don't get busted...you are better off strapping a camera to a tethered balloon and shoot photo's sorry to say "America is done put a fork in it we have all been duped"...No longer the land of the free home of the brave, and all of our constitutional rights have been infringed upon.

Sorry for the rant but it's time We the People stand up once again for our rights "Long PitchForks"

Last edited:

Thanks! i miss to say i have an iPhone 7 iOS 11.2.2

I will check the options to upgrade

Just be aware if you are in the United States in order to use that footage to sell said property you will need to have a 107 certification as it's considered commercial at that point. Pretty sad huh? I'm Just trying to help a brother out so you don't get busted...you are better off strapping a camera to a tethered balloon and shoot photo's sorry to say "America is done put a fork in it we have all been duped"...No longer the land of the free home of the brave, and all of our constitutional rights have been infringed upon.

Sorry for the rant but it's time We the People stand up once again for our rights "Long PitchForks"

Thanks for the advice, im in México and right now the laws that control this kind of videos and items consider the dron as a "toy" if is lighter than 3kg so... i think there will be no problem with that but thanks anyway

Reactions: XevetS
Thanks for the advice, im in México and right now the laws that control this kind of videos and items consider the dron as a "toy" if is lighter than 3kg so... i think there will be no problem with that but thanks anyway
Your welcome man, You have more freedom than we do in this regard, I hope you figure out your issue take care and happy flying...

I couldn't have put it better myself![emoji111]

Sent from my LGLS755 using 3DRPilots Drone Forum mobile app

Reactions: XevetS
To penetrate and discriminate through the busy 2.4ghz region of the radio spectrum I use a directional helical antenna. I get over 2miles range. That's 3219 Meters I posted my latest flight video on YouTube. Check out normandin hobby January 2018 flight.

Your Solo could of lost signal because of a local weather radar. Also cell phone towers and uplinks will reduce your range

I fly in a rural area BUT there is an AccuWeather radar near the location I fly. I use a fpvlr antenna to get through it. 60degree beam so you need to point the transmitter to the general location of your drone.
From the altitude you were at I am willing to bet your range was affected by weather radar

Reactions: Boby B
Any chance you have the gopro's wireless turned on while flying? Wondering if that could cause some signal degradation also.

Yes the first time i take out the Solo almost 2 years ago i have that issue so, now it's part of my check list before flight jaja

To penetrate and discriminate through the busy 2.4ghz region of the radio spectrum I use a directional helical antenna. I get over 2miles range. That's 3219 Meters I posted my latest flight video on YouTube. Check out normandin hobby January 2018 flight.

Your Solo could of lost signal because of a local weather radar. Also cell phone towers and uplinks will reduce your range

I fly in a rural area BUT there is an AccuWeather radar near the location I fly. I use a fpvlr antenna to get through it. 60degree beam so you need to point the transmitter to the general location of your drone.
From the altitude you were at I am willing to bet your range was affected by weather radar

This is very useful, i will check if there are any radar or antena near by the next time, by now i have send the logs to 3DR support and i'm waiting for the response, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44