loosing live feed on phone

Reaction score
I have a hero 4 silver and a samsung s5.
When ever i turn solo on i get the gopro feed on my phone but as soon as I press fly the screen on my phone freezes.. it goes black and has the little loading symbol but never loads... i can press record and stop on my phone and that still works... everything is up to date.

Help! Solo is only a week old and has happened since new.. tho did work once for 30 seconds..
Thanks!

Quite a few threads on the subject, but here's one that could offer some help...

Video feed gone/terrible

To me it sounds as if your HDMI connection at the camera or at the gimbal (internal) are not full connected. Double check your gimbal install...

Quite a few threads on the subject, but here's one that could offer some help...

Video feed gone/terrible

To me it sounds as if your HDMI connection at the camera or at the gimbal (internal) are not full connected. Double check your gimbal install...
Thanks for that, Rich. I've tried about everything (including to a flat hdmi cable in the Solo) and I just can't keep a consistent hdmi feed. I'm about ready to try a different gimbal.
Any other ideas?

That's the best plan of attack at this point, exhausting ever other connection...you did check your HDMI connection on the main circuit board on the bird correct?

That's the best plan of attack at this point, exhausting ever other connection...you did check your HDMI connection on the main circuit board on the bird correct?
Yes, several times. It's always randomly intermittent. When I get back to Colorado, I'm going to switch out the gimbal with the one on my other Solo. Never thought I would keep 2 of these, but it's the only way I can keep things going. Seems at least one is in the shop half the time or more.

Well if the swap does resolve the problem it could likely be the HDMI connector on the gimbal. @Solo Keith had sent me a gimbal with a bad HDMI connector and I was able to repair. Currently flying on my bird, as I am too lazy to repair my failed gimbal with same issue. He let me keep it, I think he had ulterior motive...;)

Anyway, if it turns out to be the gimbal is bad, I'd be happy to test and replace the HDMI connector as well. Can't promise success, but the effort now to replace the connector would be minimal as I know what to expect. Again thanks to Keith's donation to the cause.

Reactions: Solo Keith
@RichWest you are right sir. My plan came together (motive) letting you keep the gimbal. Now I've got you locked in. Lol. PM'd you letting you know that I only got most of what we need for you to do the T-Motor swap for me. Back order w/the motors. From what i hear they're selling like hot cakes.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo