Loose Silver Screw inside - Found Jammed in Motor

Reaction score
Ok... I've only had my 3dr solo for about 2 weeks and I've flown it about 10 times. Before today I heard something rattling in the body last night so I took the battery out Undead the battery plate and looked around inside and didn't find anything and it quit rattling. Today we went to the mountain to get a good video and I noticed when I put the prop on one of the motors it would not spend like the rest comma so I thought maybe it was a safety feature or something it didn't dawn on me that it was jammed until I tried to power up the propellers. After realizing that motor was jammed I went back to my truck popped off the LED light cover Undead those for screws pulled the motor up and Up Inside the screw had gotten wedged in between the copper bundles and the outer shell that spins. It was a very very small silver screw. I finally got it out with a straightened out earring put everything back together and flew it and it did fine but I'm kind of curious where that screw goes.
Has anyone else had any issues with screws coming loose inside of the solo and if so where was yours from so maybe I can look and put this little guy back where he goes!

Check the GPS board. It has two silver screws under it that hold the board in place and two that go through the gps shield and down to the board.You';; have to take out the four screws in the battery compartment, and gently pry the cover off over the gps and then take 3 screws out there two...and be careful not to break the cable to the gps board. There isn't much slack.

the other silver screw is on the main board. it's the only one that holds the mainboard down so perhaps thats loose now.

OK I have it apart now... the 2 GPS Silver screws are there. And the head of those is bigger than the head of the one I found in Motor 2. The whole screw is about as long as the date on a penny and the head is only about 2/3 the size of that GPS screw....

Is there a way to get the bottom plate off... the one that has the Turret sticking down and says "LINK". It's the one behind the gimbal

Yes it is, this one is smaller than that one. I notice some some boards under that main board, I wonder if it's one that screws up from bottom somewhere? Do they make like a parts blowout diagram?

OK I have it apart now... the 2 GPS Silver screws are there. And the head of those is bigger than the head of the one I found in Motor 2. The whole screw is about as long as the date on a penny and the head is only about 2/3 the size of that GPS screw....
There are two more silver screws under the GPS shield, but on mine they were the same size as the ones through the shield, so sounds like thats not it. Hmmm.

After watching that video, maybe it's one of the screws that holds that port on bottom down... the one covered with rubber plug. If it's not that it's something up under that main board I guess I will just fly until I noticed something wrong, if nothing happens good deal

Lol hey, as long as it doesn't fall out of the sky I'm gonna let it ride! For $350 you can't ask for a better drone so far

It's a little off topic but one time I had to change out the turn signals headlight cruise control switch on a Pontiac Bonneville that got broke off he needed to disarm the airbag remove its wires remove the steering wheel that had the controls for the radio controls need a steering wheel puller had to go buy some retaining clip pliers. Lots of little springs and such in there for levers to latch it's actually two sets of switches on top of each other I get all done with the job and I find a black spring start pulling the dash pieces off tore as I'm ready to remove the rest of the steering wheel parts I grab the retaining clip pliers sure enough the spring was off the pliers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421