It would have been the last flight. I didn't fly it again after the incidence.

As far as I can tell, the system didn't produce any errors. The only thing I saw was that your GPS count dropped from 21 to 18 SATs, increasing HDOP from 0.55 to 0.66. These are well within an acceptable range.

Current draw was fine. I see a spike in current after landing the first time and see the bounce in altitude to explain that.

Do you have Manuel mode programed into the A or B buttons and hit this button by mistake, or did you hit the pause button to halt the cable cam?

The drop in altitude can only be attributed to a panic response, which is only natural, which is why it bounced

I did have the B button programmed to Stabilize so I think you're correct and hit that and then panicked. I assume hitting the B button took it out of the cable cam. Thanks for your help; I'll try to fly again tomorrow. It's 11:20 pm here in Teaxs so I think I'm going to head to the rack.
Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Zee Three
DroneLogbook

Hello guys i signed up to this thread cause i seriously need help i have a 3dr solo that litteraly flew away and never came back. Before take off i had 14 gps locks and plenty of battery 100% i took the solo up about 30 ft and commanded it to come back down. I still had 14 gps locks and it was showing my gopro footage. When i hit return home it said returning home however 3 seconds later it said gps signal lost fly manual so i commanded it down so it could stay in range but still it was gaining altitude untill i completely lost signal i pulled the logs from the controller and saw that the drone went above the 160ft limit i had set and went 200+ft and thats where the log ends i have emailed 3dr and am waiting for a response however i really want my drone back as it has my gopro hero 4 on it which was brand new. If its allowed id like to show you guys the flight path as it was very very strange it looks like there was somebtyoe of glitch or error

Attachments

• solo.tlog.9.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
Did you have the return home set in the event that your drone went outside the .5 miles standard range ?

Did you have the return home set in the event that your drone went outside the .5 miles standard range ?
I had the drone go straight up and then I hit return home it wasn't that far up I just wanted to to show my friends that it could return home on it own

Sorry to hear that..that's an expensive package...I have the same set up..hope 3dr can give you some helpful info..chances are someone found it somewhere around where battery life ended..and now way to ID it unless you put contact info under battery if found. Good Luck...interested in knowing what they offer you.

Sorry to hear that..that's an expensive package...I have the same set up..hope 3dr can give you some helpful info..chances are someone found it somewhere around where battery life ended..and now way to ID it unless you put contact info under battery if found. Good Luck...interested in knowing what they offer you.

What i want to know is what went wrong i just want to know if it was a malfunction or something on my part cause if you look at the altitude it has a pattern

That's scarry...also one of my greatest fears when flying. Sounds like software issue...there's not much you could have done wrong as its pretty straight forward and basic....your GPS was at 14 strong signal.....

Reactions: Evan546
DroneLogbook

Hello guys i signed up to this thread cause i seriously need help i have a 3dr solo that literally flew away and never came back. Before take off i had 14 gps locks and plenty of battery 100% i took the solo up about 30 ft and commanded it to come back down. I still had 14 gps locks and it was showing my gopro footage. When i hit return home it said returning home however 3 seconds later it said gps signal lost fly manual so i commanded it down so it could stay in range but still it was gaining altitude until i completely lost signal i pulled the logs from the controller and saw that the drone went above the 160ft limit i had set and went 200+ft and thats where the log ends i have emailed 3dr and am waiting for a response however i really want my drone back as it has my gopro hero 4 on it which was brand new. If its allowed id like to show you guys the flight path as it was very very strange it looks like there was some sort of glitch or error

Hey.

This is the wrong log. This log only last for a few seconds and never entered an Armed status (the roters were never started).

Here it is again

OK,
  • Motors seem to respond as expected; there was no motor failure
  • At no point do I see GPS drop out; you had 14 SATs (HDOP 0.71)
  • Electrical current draw and battery levels are acceptable
  • There are a lot of EKF (Extended Kalman Filter) errors, which may mean erratic messages between compass, GPS and PIXHAWX
  • Bad AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System) error appears, which could mean bad calibration
I suspect this crash was the result of compass interference causing mixed messages reaching the PIXHAWX resulting with EKF errors; the compass heading and EKF positions disagree with each other producing problems. You were flying around a lot of houses which can emit electromagnetic interferences which can throw the compass off.

This is my assessment and can't see anything else that went wrong.

OK,
  • Motors seem to respond as expected; there was no motor failure
  • At no point do I see GPS drop out; you had 14 SATs (HDOP 0.71)
  • Electrical current draw and battery levels are acceptable
  • There are a lot of EKF (Extended Kalman Filter) errors, which may mean erratic messages between compass, GPS and PIXHAWX
  • Bad AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System) error appears, which could mean bad calibration
I suspect this crash was the result of compass interference causing mixed messages reaching the PIXHAWX resulting with EKF errors; the compass heading and EKF positions disagree with each other producing problems. You were flying around a lot of houses which can emit electromagnetic interferences which can throw the compass off.

This is my assessment and can't see anything else that went wrong.
With

Did you see where i had a controller disconnected error? If it had 14 GPS locks why did it not return home???

I don't know? The log cuts off once disconnected from the controller. It is possible something more sinister happened after. Without logs from Solo itself, there's no way to tell

Would you be able to have a look at my flight log. I had a rather big crash and I am trying to figure out what is the cause (Autopilot, hardware, etc).

sorry I only have the dataflash log

Thanks

Attachments

• 39.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 3
Would you be able to have a look at my flight log. I had a rather big crash and I am trying to figure out what is the cause (Autopilot, hardware, etc).

sorry I only have the dataflash log

Thanks

Data flash logs are better..

Had a look:

• Your GPS count dropped from 10 to 8 (HDOP >1) placing it into fail-safe mode; this can cause very erratic flying when its trying to correct its position. (I've had this happen to me and quickly switched to manual mode to correct it)
  • The log does seem to indicate significant mechanical failure (which may have caused the above); the YAW/ROLL/PITCH are all completely asynchronous to what the autopilot was trying to achieve. For about 8 secs, Pitch and ROLL are completely flat-lined. This is impossible during flight.

The log indicates to me there was an internal failure with PIXHAWX; for some reason it just stopped working for 8 secs causing a catastrophic crash but this could result of motor failure providing no feedback... It may have been possible to have saved the Bird using manual mode (if you were quick enough) but this isn't expected of pilots flying Solo.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhead

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea