Live video feed cuts on takeoff

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a new Solo with gimbal. My camera is a Hero 4 Black.

When I first flew the Solo last week I had no problem with the video feed but I could not control the camera remotely, and the camera had locked up when I went to disconnect it. A firmware update of the GoPro fixed that problem.

This morning I went to do a test flight and had no live video at all, though I could remotely control the camera with no issue. The gimbal was also increasingly misaligned in roll and yaw during the course of each flight. I removed the camera and massaged the gimbal on its shock absorption mounts to center it better.

Now the gimbal seems to be well-aligned, and when the Solo is ready for flight I have a live feed. However, the moment I take off the live feed disappears. I can still fly and control the camera with no problem. The second I land, the video comes right back.

And ideas what might be going on? The evidence suggests that the HDMI cable has an issue (it is firmly seated in the camera), but I can't explain why the video comes back immediately upon landing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

/adam

@Jubalr thanks, I followed those instructions and inserted the foam. Now I have no live video feed at all, before or after takeoff. :(

Open to any other suggestions!

Thanks,

/Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc