Lights out using Solo App?

Reaction score
I know it's possible using the Solex App (which I just downloaded), but sticking with something that I am familiar with for some night photography tomorrow night, is there a way to turn off the LED lights on Solo using the 3DR app? The lights are bleeding into my night shots, and short of duck tape, I can't find a way to shut them off...

Anyone done much night shooting? Any particular settings work well with a GoPro Hero 4 Silver? I got some pretty good test shots and excited to see what I can get without the LED lights on...

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Greg

No way that I'm familiar with. The app seems to cater to those unfamiliar with quads in general. That said, it's a simplified feature set.

So I downloaded the sole app but I'm not finding the option to turn off the lights....can somebody give me the link to the one where you can control the lights please?

So I downloaded the sole app but I'm not finding the option to turn off the lights....can somebody give me the link to the one where you can control the lights please?

Covered in the "LED Control" section of the Documentation link from the main screen of the Solex App.

The light controls are on the lower left side of the flight screen. Kinda looks like a light bulb (but not really)
I use Solex on a tablet so I don't know if it looks different on a phone

The light controls are on the lower left side of the flight screen. Kinda looks like a light bulb (but not really)
I use Solex on a tablet so I don't know if it looks different on a phone
Than for the reply.. all I get is the telemetry option... not only that but I'm not getting even half of the option's everybody else is getting. It's alms like I have the bare minimum. I literally just dl the app a couple of days ago so I should have the newest version.

You have to enable this in the options menu Its there you can turn the LED'S off and also program them in a multitude of ways. This is direct from the Manual
LED Control
If you're flying with others, sometimes it's handy to be able to identify your vehicle in the air easily. Sometimes it's beneficial to block the front LEDs' light for filming something in low-light situations. Other times, it's just fun to screw around with the LEDs on your vehicle because they're there. LED Control is for these things.To use it, select the "Controls" button in the lower-left of the flight screen. The Flight Controls palette appears. Near the bottom is a light-bulb icon. Click it, and select an option. The LEDs on your vehicle will change color, or cycle through colors, depending on the option you select.
Note that not all colors are available. It could be cool to, say, set all the LEDs to green, red, or blue. But the underlying LED logic on the vehicle doesn't support doing that. So what you see in the list is what's possible at this point.

Solex User Manual

HI than so much for the reply. Yeah, I saw this awhile back but what it's saying to do bis impossible for me because where it's saying to click on controls to get the LED settings...well. I just don't have that on my screen. All I have is the telemetry button. The controls button is supposed to be above telemetry but it's not. idk Why This is... I Went To The Play Store And downloaded The solex app So IYS Def SUPPOSED to be the latest update. I'm using the note 4 and when I go by to the play store to see if there's is an update I might be missed I find out that I do have the latest indeed. So I'm not sure what's going on which means idk what to do to fix this...lol. I also sis find that the version that dl to my note 4 seems to be an older version then what's out rt now. So how can this be? Crazy indeed...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig