Lets Talk Stabilization (post processing)

Very informative thread gentlemen, though admittedly it's quite overwhelming.

Since my Solo acquisition last month, I have only now really begun to pay attention to post processing. My wife is a photographer by trade - she's enjoying watching my my struggles, though she's pretty enthusiastic about assisting me with color correction, etc.

I've swiftly moved from iMovie through GoPro Studio, and have begun playing with DaVinci Resolve (yes, all the free stuff - this is still only a hobby). As I've made a bunch of movies from a fixed wing mounted GoPro, I played a lot with iMovie stabilization.

Any of you guys familiar with Resolve and it's Stabilization capabilities? Playing around with Resolve I have a few questions. Ive toyed with the Strong and Smooth dials, and just haven't come up with a good formula for Solo footage. My untrained eye just can't nail down what looks best.

Keep on posting the good info. Any insight is appreciated.
I don't have resolve but that would be a good contribution here
Hitfilm 4 Express is another good freebie

yeah my last run was T-motors and APC1045
pretty happy with those
the latest firmware beta went back to its stabile flight
got some good smooth footage but it was all just testing all the shots and settings
nothing to look at

the luxury of having two.
I still have one that has not been updated and one that is bleeding edge
Been waiting on return to me for some follow me shots I want to shoot in the car

I've been video'ing all weekend testing filters, wow this is a lot more complex then I had thought....I like it!

Man Pyrate it amazing how much of the vibe you can rid by software. But still, I seek the sharper images that can only be obtained from the original video. Like in your video Steve, I couldn't tell if that was a Live Oak tree or not in your reveal to the back yard.

I'd suggest 30 second videos for sharing and testing. Less of a burden time wise...

Here's my 30 second offering...without stab

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Now, that's what i call Eye Candy!.. Houston's Skyline is impressive, but of course, to keep inline of our subject, A good photographer can find the "Shot" among a particular scene

Now, that's what i call Eye Candy!
You have similar in CC, you just need to be out early enough to catch the eastern sun and willing to fly out a 1/2 mile over the gulf.

I flew 6 locations around DT over the weekend. Encircling to see the different light and the scape. It was a scouting effort as well as an opportunity to test filters and camera settings. I got 3 hours of video and ended up with 3 minutes of usable...learned a lot though.

I think the wifey just booked a condo for the end of September
if you are going to be here on the 25th you should sign up for the class at Drones Plus

I think the wifey just booked a condo for the end of September
if you are going to be here on the 25th you should sign up for the class at Drones Plus
Maybe, Our daughter in law will know when here OB GYN appt/ soon.
Yup going to be another GP .
End of Sept. sounds close?
give the the info. I need to setup testing there in Dallas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela