Leaving the group

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, there are folks who seem to absolutely, categorically REFUSE to use the forum search function or even read the recent threads before posting three threads in twenty minutes. Please realize that some of us are being as polite as we can muster at the moment.

Also, some folks definition of "being civil" is a little excessive IMHO. Remember, one has to choose to be offended/bothered.

If he was around for the RCGroup's tread he'd probably be more respective to the satire here.

On the other hand, there are folks who seem to absolutely, categorically REFUSE to use the forum search function or even read the recent threads before posting three threads in twenty minutes. Please realize that some of us are being as polite as we can muster at the moment.

Also, some folks definition of "being civil" is a little excessive IMHO. Remember, one has to choose to be offended/bothered.
This is what IM talking about!!! For one, some aren't familiar with the forum. Two, some, as myself, like the camaraderie we find in discussion over just reading. Some, just not be so full of themself.

Reactions: cnc74
Truth is.... This is the internet, you can be what ever you want... to me forums are split two ways. Productive and counter productive. Some people speak of the guy who asks a question that has been answered 100 times... so you light his ass up with the standard copy paste bs. Why not just ignore instead? I don’t remember the prerequisite at Best Buy or BH during the solo give away stating you must know this this or this to use. Some people might say the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask. people google a question and get forum as result then ask question only to get flamed. And this goes across all the solo forums. My first post on this group when I first checked out was a post of disappointment because the majority of the thread was people slamming dude for something he said, how long do you expect the solo to be around when a handful of people treat it like a private club? And please don’t play stupid.

Reactions: Rotorboy2.4gh
Yes and in addition even though you have seen the answer a dozen times answered most of these forums don't have the greatest indexing system and it can be difficult to find the wheat from the chafe. Yes there are clearly those that appear to have been trained to blurt out a request/demand for help when they have not made any attempt or effort to discover the answer. But I think you need to give a user the benefit of the doubt and help them along. At least find out if they will take what you give them and run with it. I know it can be a real task when people post wanting to make a drone that will lift 100lbs and fly for 3 days. It is really hard not to roll your eyes in writing!

But this forum should be a little more tolerant because the established base of users never signed up for the whole DIY experience. They rightly assumed they were never going to have to unplug delicate wires, reload firmware or flash anything. Life is change so in order to survive with a Solo everyone will have to come over to the new world order but it is not going to be easy for many.

So maybe give them a break first and then kickass later if required :)

BTW for anyone wanting a remedial look at multicopters a few years ago I wrote a set of newbie articles for RCGroups that might be a birds eye overview. It is a little dated now but it might help.
I also have a lot of articles on Arducopter now that you might be wanting more info than you needed before. All in my blog. Might help might not but it's there.
Newbie to Newbie: Introduction to Multicopters - RC Groups

Last edited:
Sigh. I guess I'm in the minority when I expect a user (any user, new or established) to put in time reading, researching, and educating themselves before posting. I consider it a simple matter of respecting the time, effort, and space of the other members of the forum.

There is the other side of the coin where established members have to deal with dozens of new threads as they try to aid those who actually need it.

Yes, tolerance and kindness are needed, but I truly think that some respect and consideration of others time and efforts should be in balance as well.

But as I said I guess I'm in the minority here.

Reactions: funfly
I wish you all good luck. I’ve been a member for about a year-ish, and I’ve always looked forward to my monthly email updates. Alas, for the last several months all I see are people like myself who are relative “newbies” who ask a simple question who are then getting shot down by “experts.” Their responses range from patronizing to cynical. Once is awile there is an actual and useful reply. But the bottom line (and I challenge you to deny) is that for the most part, many questions and posts degrade into a sh-t fest of who is smarter than the next guy.

That’s not a smart way to run a forum, especially for people who want to support a “dead” platform, as do I.

So good luck everyone. I have two Solos which I fly with regularity. I train with a piece of crap toy drone all the time. I’ve flown my Solo upwards of 1600’ and outbound of similar range. I’ve made $$ with my drone, and IVE NEVER CRASHED, ever. I’ve lost GPS a few times and have flown her back manually every time. The Solo is great platform and hopefully it will continue to find support.
Is that an inch mark or foot mark... 1600 ft up is 1200 ft over the legal limit...(what's your name? What's your address? ) lol may you find better fortune in the the other forums my brother. Or better yet... start one.,, that would be cool. Anyway

Have a blue sky, no wind, drone flying day.

He has 9 posts. Nearly half of which are complaining, including this one. The other half are the opposite, talking about how awesome everything is. And he's made a post to announce he's leaving. This has to be one of the most irrelevant threads in forum history.

God of the forms right This Thread is for shit four pages of a bunch of people bored as f*** cuz it's winter....

When a tremendously sophisticated $3000 machine gets blown out for $300 or less there are bound to be folks that buy in for all the wrong reasons.

The flip side to that same reality is the incredible membership that are part of this amazing environment that has spawned from the opportunities put forth by the open source concept.

There is some " blurt" here and even more on the FB pages. There is some arrogance but most if it in the interest of efficiency. Worst is the obvious trolling that makes the internet what it is. What has and continues to amaze me is the long and many times obstructive and hurtful threads that follow posts that do not deserve the time of day. I have "turned off" repeat offenders and it does work exceptionally well.

At the end of the day as those that don't fit in move on my observation is those left are maturing into a very special band of Brothers and Sisters.

Ignore the baneful and relish the wealth of good guidence.

Being online requires eating butter, salt, and onions everyday
Eventually you be annoyed by it other times you can appreciate it.

I’m just amazed with so much drama can be gathered in a forum mostly made up of males.... come on ladies we need you!!!

The fact is there is new users every day that post questions about issues that have been discussed and resolved in past threads. "Help, I had a flyaway!!" Some consider this lazy. All it takes is a few minutes searching.

Your comment sort of proves this guy's point... Just saying!
If you and/or he are too sensitive to handle opposing opinions that aren't unicorns and rainbows, perhaps you should just retreat to a safe space. There are plenty of online and real-life echo chambers where you can be protected from hearing anything you disagree with. And even get participation trophies just for being there. Meanwhile, the rest of us adults can handle life outside a bubble just fine.

There is absolutely no way he is a 107 pilot. That isn't an insult. That is a perfectly reasonable and logical observation based on his posts and questions. The notion that such a conclusion is somehow insulting simply shows you're the one with the problem.

Furthermore, there are thousands of members here. One left because he can't handle life. I hardly think that is an indication of a systemic problem. Grow up.

Every time I interact with you this is the kind of response I get you know you're a dick right? I stick around this forum despite you thanks for the new version open solo but let's be truthful you can't shine a turd. Feel free to p.m. me I'd love to speak with you directly because this is b*******.

Reactions: KDan
if you live anywhere near the Chicagoland area ill happily drive to your location so that I can punch you in the face!

Reactions: jerryn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44