Just reading this occurs to me

I usually take off manually and since the day I upgraded 2.4 iOS Solo throttles up until I bring my right stick down to make it hover. Kinda scared me the first time it happened. Before the update Solo throttled up only as much as I pushed up on the stick. If I let go after take off Solo would hover then. Ive become accustomed to the "new" way Solo lifts off in manual now. But I hope 3DR fixes the bug eventually. If not, oh well. Im fine with that too
I can confirm that this problem has been fixed. I and others beta tested it over the past week.
In the meantime, do not takeoff w/o GPS lock of keep your hands on the sticks :)

I can confirm that this problem has been fixed. I and others beta tested it over the past week.
In the meantime, do not takeoff w/o GPS lock of keep your hands on the sticks :)
Hey @fpvsteve do you know if the unstable hover issue is being fixed? I've read & also have the issue where Solo won't stay in a fixed position when in GPS. Before the update Solo's hover was solid. Now after the 2.4 update it drifts from side to side. Even when there is no wind.

Beta tested on Solo, or beta tested on a plain arducopter Pixhawk bird?

Hey @fpvsteve do you know if the unstable hover issue is being fixed? I've read & also have the issue where Solo won't stay in a fixed position when in GPS. Before the update Solo's hover was solid. Now after the 2.4 update it drifts from side to side. Even when there is no wind.

Yes. I suspect the reason of the reported behaviour is in the changes in the underlying Arducopter 3.2.1. to 3.3 version move. Solo was based on AC 3.2.1 until FW 2.3. The 2.4 version is based on AC 3.3. AC 3.3 included a change in the Accel sensor sensitivity requireing a recalibration. Despite of 3DR never advised to to so, I found that a compass cali followed by a level calibration (Not vice versa!) fixed the issue. I flew now several hours on the latest beta and experienced a rock stable Solo.
Again, here is a vid comparing the before (left side) and after calibration (right side) - video is displaying in double speed to make drifting more visible:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit: a slight drift by a couple of feet is totally normal for any drone given the accuracy of the GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks