Just back from Texas trip...

J R

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from our Texas trip. We got to spend some quality time with our Daughter who lives in Austin. We also got to meet up with Raybro and his wife. Raybro and I hit it off and got to do some flying together. We both had our Solo's and "White" one's with us so we got quite a bit of battery time. The first meet was just flying around the 360 Bridge in Austin. The second was on the Bolivar Peninsula where we got to do some beach flying.

The weather was great compared to South Dakota but it was a bit windy on the coast most of the time. I wish we were still there as we didn't miss the frigid cold here at home! I'm hoping I got some decent footage to start editing. Here's a quick, down and dirty edit from the 360 Bridge. Raybro was flying his "White" one and I was flying my Solo. As most of you know, I'm a complete amateur, so keep that in mind if you decide to watch any of the videos that I'll be posting. It was just about having fun!

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

group flies are the best

Pyrate,

Yeah, we had a blast! I should have looked you up before we took off. Will do next time. Is Frisco near Dallas? Boy, didn't care much for the traffic from Dallas to the coast! It's amazing that every large city between home and the coast has all of their major highways ripped up with road construction. I couldn't beleive it. No wonder why taxes are so high!

Jerry

Reactions: pyrate
BTW, both of our Solo's flew great. I didn't do the update as I'm gun shy from the "white" guys update mess. I didn't want to have anything go wrong while on the road. I did do a compass cal in Austin but didn't do another one in Bolivar or in OKC. The bird flew flawlessly, no hiccups at all. Did a 2 1/2 mile tower run down the beach and she handled it well.

Jerry

Pyrate,

Yeah, we had a blast! I should have looked you up before we took off. Will do next time. Is Frisco near Dallas? Boy, didn't care much for the traffic from Dallas to the coast! It's amazing that every large city between home and the coast has all of their major highways ripped up with road construction. I couldn't beleive it. No wonder why taxes are so high!

Jerry
traffic in Dallas sux
Frisco is north of Dallas, near Plano
growing pains, this place is exploding the roads cant keep up

And a shorty from Crystal Beach...

looks like a really great time, and the weather is jealous-worthy!

Reactions: J R
I always wondered why more people didn't post pictures and videos on this site. It just dawned on me to look around a bit and I found the photo and video section!

Sorry for putting this in here! I looked at trying to move it over but can't find a way to do it. If one of the mods wants to move it, go for it.

I'm trying to jam these out before I get back to tax preparation. If I don't get this stuff half-assed edited and posted, it'll never get done and will just take up more hard-drive space! I've still got a ton of flying we did down in Texas. I know some of its boring but wanted to get it all in one place.

Thanks,

Jerry

Crystal Beach Sunrise and Pelicans at sea...

Reactions: Maddog
Crystal Beach Home-Orbit in the foggy morning...

Crystal Beach Home-Orbit in the foggy morning...

Cool- I don't think I'd want to live where you have to put your house on stilts because of flooding.o_O

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado