just a dream

Reaction score
Maybe it's just a dream, but it would be so hard to imagine that 3drobotis or any company manufactures a gimbal as the micro four third Zenmuse x5 4K or a compatible gimbal with any 4k micro four third camera?

Maybe it's just a dream, but it would be so hard to imagine that 3drobotis or any company manufactures a gimbal as the micro four third Zenmuse x5 4K or a compatible gimbal with any 4k micro four third camera?
3DR is working with several camera manufacturers including Sony and Red

For the solo model?
Yes. The "made for Solo" program and the expansion bay/linux computer onboard is attracking a lot of attention from OEM's at the moment. Spot light. Lidar. and Balistic parachute are scheduled. FPV goggles, a "stamina kit" with extra battery and bigger motors, and other cameras are in the works.

Yes. The "made for Solo" program and the expansion bay/linux computer onboard is attracking a lot of attention from OEM's at the moment. Spot light. Lidar. and Balistic parachute are scheduled. FPV goggles, a "stamina kit" with extra battery and bigger motors, and other cameras are in the works.
I think right now, the Stamina Kit is what I would most look forward to.

Reactions: brunoferreiro
Ummmm... I googled "Stamina Kit" and I'm almost positive you aren't interested in having sex with your Solo... right?
Haha! Good one...
Truth be told, I'd like to see the parachute options. Every single time my Solo goes over an area where there might be someone darting underneath without warning (or even a bike or car) I have nightmare visions of all four props popping off and witnessing Solo's first amazingly destructive downward plunge. No thanks!
I trust ballistic chutes. I installed them on both my ultralights as soon as they became available - first my Quicksilver MX, then the Phantom (!!!).
The MX model used a rocket to literally yank the chute from its pack on the seat back. The Phantom chute was a cannon mounted above the wing at COG, blowing the canopy free with an explosive charge.
Thank God, I never used either of them, but have seen them in action plenty of times. Best form of insurance I ever bought - and gave me one heck of a lot of peace of mind after replacing wing covers every year (you didn't really have to do the latter, but hey - I ain't suicidal).
I've been playing around with various types of Mylar chute. The best one so far I cobbled out of balloon Mylar stock for the functional canopy. Shroud lines are 10lb. test Spiderwire fishing line, 16 risers.
72 inches seems fine. Problem is, I don't have anything close the equipment necessary to ballistify things - and that's what it's all about!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado