Is this email from 3DR legit?

Reaction score
>>>We're reviewing our open orders and we found that you haven't gotten your complete order yet!...
For us to reauthorize your card, we'll need the card verification number,

I seem to remember seeing where others got a similar email and assume it's legit but as I ordered from B&H and not 3DR it just seemed a bit odd. Can't call B&H today and naturally no one ever answers the phone at 3DR lately!

It's legit. Seems a little Micky Mouse but I got the same request. However since you did not originally order from 3DR it seems a bit strange that they would be contacting you.

>>>We're reviewing our open orders and we found that you haven't gotten your complete order yet!...
For us to reauthorize your card, we'll need the card verification number,

I seem to remember seeing where others got a similar email and assume it's legit but as I ordered from B&H and not 3DR it just seemed a bit odd. Can't call B&H today and naturally no one ever answers the phone at 3DR lately!
I got that in my email today also ... I ordered a battery charger from them!
So I do hope it's legit ... Because I followed the steps of the email. And gave them my VN and hit Send!!
It's just strange that they sent me an email asking me for my VN when I filled out all that information when I first put my order in... So how did they lose my VN in the process ?

It must be that they store the actual credit card info but not the verification number. The email said >>For your security, this authorization expires after 60 days.<< and I guess that makes sense.

But as for why it's coming from 3DR and not B&H is another thing. The order number they sent had nothing to do with the B&H order # either. I do know that B&H sells many items that they don't stock themselves but that go through them but I didn't see anything to believe that was the case with the Solo products.

Perhaps this is just the way they're handling this glut or backorders to expedite shipping-- go direct rather than through B&H? When everything gets caught up I would think you could walk into B&H's store and they'd fill the order from their own stock.

Of course, I could be completely off base with all this conjecture on my part... :confused:

I got that in my email today also ... I ordered a battery charger from them!
So I do hope it's legit ... Because I followed the steps of the email. And gave them my VN and hit Send!!
It's just strange that they sent me an email asking me for my VN when I filled out all that information when I first put my order in... So how did they lose my VN in the process ?

I got the same email this morning. I am going to call them direct to discuss my order. Too many hacks going around. My wife got her phone hacked last month and all they asked her for was the last four digits of her cell number.

Reactions: erikgraham
That's pretty frikin scary. I've ordered so much crap from 3DR and from DLSR Pros I can't keep track of who is sending me what. I do know that 3DR's payment process is weird. I would be cautious no matter what anyone else has experienced.

I called 3DR this afternoon. This email is legit, (from 3DR). The customer service explained to me that it is intended for all that ordered Gimbals direct from them.

They have asked me twice in 48 hours for this information. I comply... you never know.
In a voice from Seinfeld episode ... "NO SOUP FOR YOU"!!!

I wouldn't worry too much. They keep asking me for my verification code, I keep telling them I paid in full via wire transfer-please send gimbal, they apologize for the oversight... It's a little dance we do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado