Is multi cable cam out or what?

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to get my Solo out, and I am wondering if multi cable cam is out or not?

The other thing I noticed is, that when watching my 4k footage on a TV, it looks way better than it does on my computer!? Way less vibrations and stuff like that. What gives? And no, it is not my computer. That sucker is maxed out with all kinds of goodies... : )

Thanks.

P.s. To be honest... I could just get my Solo out and check, but I bought a new bluetooth keyboard for my tablet and I needed something to test it on, ha ha.

maybe you see more vibrations on the computer coz ur computer is maxed out and able to see the vibrations unlike the tv?

maybe you see more vibrations on the computer coz ur computer is maxed out and able to see the vibrations unlike the tv?
There is no way my computer is maxed out. And if it were, the question would be how a TV can have more processing power than my pc!? LOL.

that's exactly what I meant, if you're computer is maxed out (as in maxed out with goodies, not as in maxed out on ram or memory) perhaps it's processing the vibrations and such that the TV isn't.

you're the one that actually said you're computer was maxed out in your own post

Normally, the bigger the screen the more noticeable the vibrations. Maybe you just sit very close to your computer screen?

that's exactly what I meant, if you're computer is maxed out (as in maxed out with goodies, not as in maxed out on ram or memory) perhaps it's processing the vibrations and such that the TV isn't.

you're the one that actually said you're computer was maxed out in your own post
Simple misunderstanding from my end.

Anyhow. I think it something along the lines of what you said. The TV probably has a feature to make footage look smooth!?

Thanks.

Normally, the bigger the screen the more noticeable the vibrations. Maybe you just sit very close to your computer screen?
Well, I sit closer to my 24 inch monitor than I do to my 55 inch TV, ha ha. However, relative speaking it's probably the same...

Simple misunderstanding from my end.

Anyhow. I think it something along the lines of what you said. The TV probably has a feature to make footage look smooth!?

Thanks.
Definitely not.

Like I said before, vibrations are more noticeable the bigger the screen. But if you are sitting close to your computer monitor, it takes up a fairly large chunk of your field of view. If your sitting on a couch 8 or 10 feet away, looking at say a 42 inch TV, it probably takes up a much much smaller portion of your field of view. So in effect, even though your TV is bigger than your computer screen, from distance, its actually smaller and vibrations are less noticeable.

Try viewing the same footage on your computer screen and on your TV from the same distance.

EDIT:
ooops. looks like we were posting at the same time. Sounds like you already get the idea I'm was trying to explain .

Definitely not.

Like I said before, vibrations are more noticeable the bigger the screen. But if you are sitting close to your computer monitor, it takes up a fairly large chunk of your field of view. If your sitting on a couch 8 or 10 feet away, looking at say a 42 inch TV, it probably takes up a much much smaller portion of your field of view. So in effect, even though your TV is bigger than your computer screen, from distance, its actually smaller and vibrations are less noticeable.

Try viewing the same footage on your computer screen and on your TV from the same distance.

EDIT:
ooops. looks like we were posting at the same time. Sounds like you already get the idea I'm was trying to explain .
I believe we are on the same page now. [emoji5] . I will try a few more things and see what happens...

Thanks.

Also a lot of modern tv's will add extra frames to run at 120/240 hz refresh rate. So it could be smoothing it. A lot of people don't like that look on TV's because it doesn't look as "natural", but I dig it. The feature was designed to "reduce motion blur". So if your HDTV is running at 120/240hz, it's smoothing your 30/60hz video signal by adding 4-8 extra frames in between existing frames to smooth it all out.

Are you using a 4k computer monitor or 1080p? Watching 4k footage on a 1080p monitor....the computer is reducing the picture by 4x, in real time, in order to display it at a lower resolution. That's not going to be perfect. I'd bet if you reduced your existing 4k footage down to 1080p and watched it, it would be smooth.

Also a lot of modern tv's will add extra frames to run at 120/240 hz refresh rate. So it could be smoothing it. A lot of people don't like that look on TV's because it doesn't look as "natural", but I dig it. The feature was designed to "reduce motion blur". So if your HDTV is running at 120/240hz, it's smoothing your 30/60hz video signal by adding 4-8 extra frames in between existing frames to smooth it all out.

Are you using a 4k computer monitor or 1080p? Watching 4k footage on a 1080p monitor....the computer is reducing the picture by 4x, in real time, in order to display it at a lower resolution. That's not going to be perfect. I'd bet if you reduced your existing 4k footage down to 1080p and watched it, it would be smooth.
Adding those frames doesn't reduce the perception of vibration. Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong, but if that were the case I'd be conforming 30 fps material to at least 60 fps right inside final cut.

I just got the TV. Didn't spend too much time with the features yet, but I remember reading that it has some feature to reduce blur and stuff like that, when the footage is moving fast.

You know what I mean. Fast, as in action movies. They call it something like "soap opera" effect. LOL. It makes things look more soft. Maybe that's why my footage looks "better" on my TV.

I had a 4k monitor and the footage didn't look any "better" when it comes to vibrations. I returned it because I wasn't able to figure out how the scaling worked. I was able to increase fonts and stuff like that, but my browsers task bar would still look like it got shrunk. Maybe I would have found a solution down the road, but I wanted a monitor with g-sync, and didn't know about that feature when I bought the 4k monitor.

Thanks.

I just got the TV. Didn't spend too much time with the features yet, but I remember reading that it has some feature to reduce blur and stuff like that, when the footage is moving fast.

You know what I mean. Fast, as in action movies. They call it something like "soap opera" effect. LOL. It makes things look more soft. Maybe that's why my footage looks "better" on my TV.

I had a 4k monitor and the footage didn't look any "better" when it comes to vibrations. I returned it because I wasn't able to figure out how the scaling worked. I was able to increase fonts and stuff like that, but my browsers task bar would still look like it got shrunk. Maybe I would have found a solution down the road, but I wanted a monitor with g-sync, and didn't know about that feature when I bought the 4k monitor.

Thanks.
Well, reducing motion blur would increase jello. Adding interpolated frames with motion blur would reduce apparent vibrations.

Hi Soloing,

Interesting on the 4K TV looking better than the monitor for micro vibrations.

I am too digging info on 4K TV, capable of being a PC monitor.

Some questions if I may :
01. What model and brand of TV are you using and the Monitor ?

02. PC to 4K TV, connection using Display Port or HDMI 2.0 ?
Or perhaps built in media player on 4K TV and video file on USB stick or memory card , not direct from PC.

03. What graphic card are you using ?

I have a low cost 4K 42" which is garbage as PC Monitor because it is not a 4:4:4 color space. This TV also sucks when it comes to panning scene from my GH-4 at 4K, poor motion resolution.

I recently got a Samsung UA55JS9000 ( Asia/European countries model ) but never get to open the box and test it yet as I wanted to test it for Solo 4K panning scene from a GP Black4, but I have not flown my Solo yet...LOL. I bought it because I read the review and spec of its bigger brother
Samsung UE65JS9000 SUHD TV Review

If your 4K TV is not a 4:4:4 , it may explain why it looks better for micro vibration as it is not actually processing video signal from the graphic card in all its full glory. One simple test is open an excel file on the 4K TV and there will be some color bleed on the text. For video is OK, but when you use Excel, that is when 4:4:4 is a must have.

Some explanation on 4:4:4
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For USA spec 4K TVs with 4:4:4, this may help
LG 49UB8500 4K/UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 Success, Awesome Computer Monitor, Good TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

:)

Hi Soloing,

Interesting on the 4K TV looking better than the monitor for micro vibrations.

I am too digging info on 4K TV, capable of being a PC monitor.

Some questions if I may :
01. What model and brand of TV are you using and the Monitor ?

02. PC to 4K TV, connection using Display Port or HDMI 2.0 ?
Or perhaps built in media player on 4K TV and video file on USB stick or memory card , not direct from PC.

03. What graphic card are you using ?

I have a low cost 4K 42" which is garbage as PC Monitor because it is not a 4:4:4 color space. This TV also sucks when it comes to panning scene from my GH-4 at 4K, poor motion resolution.

I recently got a Samsung UA55JS9000 ( Asia/European countries model ) but never get to open the box and test it yet as I wanted to test it for Solo 4K panning scene from a GP Black4, but I have not flown my Solo yet...LOL. I bought it because I read the review and spec of its bigger brother
Samsung UE65JS9000 SUHD TV Review

If your 4K TV is not a 4:4:4 , it may explain why it looks better for micro vibration as it is not actually processing video signal from the graphic card in all its full glory. One simple test is open an excel file on the 4K TV and there will be some color bleed on the text. For video is OK, but when you use Excel, that is when 4:4:4 is a must have.

Some explanation on 4:4:4
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For USA spec 4K TVs with 4:4:4, this may help
LG 49UB8500 4K/UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 Success, Awesome Computer Monitor, Good TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

:)

Hi,

Let's see.

1. Samsung UE55JU7500FX I totally did this TV. The picture quality is amazing. Anyhow, one of the reasons I picked Samsung is, that they play back my GoPro files directly from my micro SD card, using just a micro sd card to usb adapter. I tried the same adapter on a$5000 dollar Sony and LG, and it wouldn't work!

2. Never tried PC to TV directly. My PC weights 78 lbs and I don't feel like dragging it upstairs, ha ha. I used the smart TV feature to access Plex Media Server, running on my PC. Over Wi-Fi of course. Works like a charm. Quality is insane. And like I mentioned above, also played files back using usb stick directly, or usb stick in blu-ray player.

3. GeForce GTX 780 Ti super clocked. Dual Xeon E5-2620, 64Gb ram, 2 x 128Gb in RAID 1 and 4 x 1Tb in RAID 5. I tested my computer 2 years ago on ppbm7.com and I made it to the 22nd spot, out of thousands of computers... Try it and tell us how fast your pc is. [emoji5]

4. I believe I have mine setup to run on 4:4:4 and 8 bit. Don't quote me on that though, I have to double check again. [emoji5]

I will check out the links later.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serpvnt