iris+ tends to loose altitude in sudden forward flight

Reaction score
when i am in loiter mode, if i am at a stand still and go sudden full forward flight. my Iris+ tends to loose altitude, and i have to add in throttle to compensate.. is this normal , and if not is there a parameter to adjust ?

also i have been reluctant to upgrade mission planner, has all the bugs been worked out of it yet ?

yes, it drops a ft or 2.. but i didn't have the issue without the gimbal on..so i guess i just got to remember to add throttle..for lift.

It is simple aerodynamics- when you pitch forward, some of the lift that was holding the hover is converted to forward motion. Meaning you are now losing lift and must increase throttle to add more lift.

As forward speed increases so does lift. You will gain altitude if you use the same throttle setting. If you want to maintain a constant altitude you will need to decrease throttle as speed increases.

A quadcopter flies just like a helicopter with no tail rotor. The same laws of physics and aerodynamics apply.

ok,, i kinda thought that..the problem does not seem to be there when i fly without gimbal..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo