Iris+ motors on Solo

Reaction score
I know a few of you already are experiencing noisey motors likely from the bearings. I have a friend out here at the university who had a motor show signs of inevitable destruction and so he turned to the web and got his hands on a set of those $3 iris motors 3DR was selling. Turns out they work quite well. The solo props spin right on, stock tune works fine with them and since they're a t-motor instead of a Sunnysky X series quality should be better in theory.
Hope this helps someone and have a good afternoon.

They are mt2213 980kv not 2212s
Originally they were 2212 920kv, then upgraded to 2213 950kv.

They are less powerful than the stock Solo motors and they were intended for use with a 9545 prop on 3S not a 1045 prop on 4S.
Be careful with those motors on a Solo in the wind.

Reactions: J R

They are less powerful than the stock Solo motors and they were intended for use with a 9545 prop on 3S not a 1045 prop on 4S.
Sorry I meant 950kv. So far they are running cooler than stock. The fact they were made for Iris does not suggest their limitations.

Sorry I meant 950kv. So far they are running cooler than stock. The fact they were made for Iris does not suggest their limitations.
Absolutely right, I didnt mean to sound negative, they are great little motors, you might even get some weight savings from them being smaller/lighter.
Im just jealous you got them for 3 bucks a piece.:)

I can confirm they will handle the 10 inch props fine - I've had 10 inchers on my iris for awhile - but I don't know about the 4S.

Absolutely right, I didnt mean to sound negative, they are great little motors, you might even get some weight savings from them being smaller/lighter.
Im just jealous you got them for 3 bucks a piece.:)
Haha I unfortunately didn't get any it was a friend of mine. So we can both be jealous. They'd be great for a project in working on. Aiming for a 40 minute flight fpv.

Haha I unfortunately didn't get any it was a friend of mine. So we can both be jealous. They'd be great for a project in working on. Aiming for a 40 minute flight fpv.
Are you posting progress on that project anywhere online, Id be interested to follow.....

Hope this helps someone and have a good afternoon.

Please keep us updated on how they work out for your friend. I scored 16 of them in 3DRs sale, and planned to build a hex or octocopter with them, but if they work on the Solo, I might reserve them for that. I'd be set for quite some time!

You might want to look into Easy Drone for that kind of flight time.

Are you posting progress on that project anywhere online, Id be interested to follow.....
Not really but if it goes well I might. Just going to be for fun. Not going for any records of course. Just so I have something for when I want something more laid back to fly since Solo isn't the most fun to fly fpv and my race quad is too much of a handful.

Ok! So I installed the new iris mn2213s and so far solo is equally stable as it was with stock motors. Flight time is identical. But the big difference is that its a touch faster and much quieter.

Reactions: J R
Ok! So I installed the new iris mn2213s and so far solo is equally stable as it was with stock motors. Flight time is identical. But the big difference is that its a touch faster and much quieter.
Which adapter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks