iOS 11

Reaction score
Just read this from iOS News: It’s long been rumored that iOS 11 will cut off support for 32-bit apps and devices, but yesterday we received the official confirmation that Apple’s latest operating system won’t support 32-bit applications, and will not be downloadable on 32-bit devices.

Any of our tech guru's know if the 3DR Solo app falls into this catagory?

The 3dr solo app is a 64 bit app. You can tell this because it shows up in the search on the app store. 32 bit apps do not show up in the search page. Also, if you go to settings-general-about-applications, it will list 32 bit apps. Hope this helps!

I am running the iOS 11 Developer Beta and the 3DR app didn’t have any issues when I went flying earlier today.

Reactions: Sargemo
Anyone having problems with streaming video to IOS v.10.3.2?

If you install iOS 11 on your iPhone or iPad you will not see any picture on your device during recording on your GoPro.
To get the picture back you have to go completely out of the APP and restart the 3DR SOLO APP. So if you like to see the picture on your iPhone during recording - do NOT install iOS 11.

Working fine for me. Try to uninstall the 3DR SOLO App and reinstall.

Working fine for me. Try to uninstall the 3DR SOLO App and reinstall.

I have tried both iPhone and iPad with iOS 11 and none of those show or record anything (The picture is fine up to you hit record then it disappears immediately. The GoPro will still record, but you can not see what.) - my second iPhone with iOS 10 works normally and records also to the device.

Last edited:
OK.... Well, stating that it doesn't work, with no testing or troubleshooting, is not accurate or helpful. I guess we'll see what experience others have.

Reactions: ColoMtn
OK.... Well, stating that it doesn't work, with no testing or troubleshooting, is not accurate or helpful. I guess we'll see what experience others have.

I will leave that to 3DR - I have sent them an e-mail:
------------------------------
Thanks for contacting the 3DR help desk. One of our agents will respond as soon as possible. Your case number is 000xxxxx, you can use it as reference when needed.

I have been using my iPad 2 Mini and iOS 11 Betas for months now with no problems. My GoPro is still on v3.0, FYI
I have not tried my iPhone on iOS 11 yet.

Cheers

I have been using my iPad 2 Mini and iOS 11 Betas for months now with no problems. My GoPro is still on v3.0, FYI
I have not tried my iPhone on iOS 11 yet.

Cheers

I have an iPad Mini 4 - and this one did not work well with the Solo APP and iOS 11 - when I hit record the picture goes to BLACK.
I can then go out of the APP and restart the APP and get a picture.
Smart shots I have not tried as I have the iOS 10 on another iPhone.
My GoPro Hero4 is on v 05.
I left one of my iPhones on iOS 10 - and this one still works perfect.

E-mailed 3DR Support and just got that answer:

Hope you're having a great week.

We received less than ten queries so far; The developers are currently focused on the SiteScan app and I think this may take more than expected, my apologies.

I will let you know the coming updates as soon as I get more information.
UNQUOTE

Last time when 3DR App crashed using IOS 10.3 it took 3DR 2 months to fix it. I hope it will be less this time.

I’m having the same issue screen goes black when you press record reinstalling doesn’t help.

Have emailed 3DR

Hi! No, - we know, You just go out of the APP and open the APP again while recording. I have also mailed 3DR - they asked for a video that show what happens, they also got this e-mailed to them. So we now are waiting for their update.

Reactions: Fisherboy
I e-mailed 3DR several weeks ago and Gio said that they were busy with the Site scan project and there were less than 10 complaints about it.

Got a reply from 3DR:-

There is a workaround, not sure if you have tested this, but if you restart the app the video feed will be visible again, this has been reported but we don't have an ETA yet.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Has there been an update to this? I still have 10.1.1 on my iPad mini 2 since I know it works well with the Solo.

Is it worth updating now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc