Interesting reading: Solo firmware release notes

Hopefully we will start seeing this in the release notes.

Notice the RTH has been raised by 50% (which still is not enough for me) and they have support for dataflash logging to SoloLink.

That is good stuff.

Nice great move with the higher Rth before was way too low and not likely a new pilot will change it from anything beside the solo app itself. From the email I got from my support ticket they said that they are working on gps reception too. They said my flight area was too congested but I mentioned that I was above my home point where it took off and solo had 30 flights there before this mysterious drop. I also mentioned the hundred some p2 flights there as well and sounds like gps is still being worked on. The initial response I got was all very basic land on flat surface, fly in wide open area stuff but things are being worked on none the less.

Also just a mention he did say when gps starts dropping sats the bird is programmed to drift upward a bit making some think it's going to fly away they say let it drift if safe don't panic it's still under control.

I think we're just getting started when gimbal arrives most bugs should be gone and I expect this will be one of the best options near this price point soon period. 3dr seem to be committed to making everything right here and I bet they start giving the white ones and their big brother a run for its money through the rest of the year. Finally competition to poke and prod the big fish to innovate and keep prices honest. Between solo q500 4k and the others dji has to realize it's going to take more than they've been doing to keep dominating the consumer quad market.

Well the good part is if we want it to fly around with the risk of banging something up at least we don't have a $400 gimbal hanging off the bottom. Not to mention the Gopro is really low and less protected !

But aren't both covered as long if it's not our fault.

This is where I'm getting worried, what's their idea of solo being at fault. My email they decided by gps my flying area wasn't sufficient well my gps says I'm in my neighbors yard most times and my support ticket got answered basically with I should fly in better places and land on flat ground both of which I do although when it tweaked out it did land in a bit uneven spot in the yard, but that was to keep it from crashing after gps dropped with 9 sats still and a totally clear view of the sky. It seems most replies unless obviously not user related have been answered like this, I hope those who deserve service get it and its not going to be a he said solo gps said argument cause unless the onboard gps is far more advanved than what's showing in app that's bs. If my ancient p2 v1 has no gps issue toward the end of its useful life in this space why would I assume my solo is going to freak out?

Oh well guess wel see I just am kinda concerned by the generic we didn't do it replies to my support ticket. When I saved it from being trashed veering left 3 times now it didn't cost them but I wonder if it starts freaking out if it's smarter to let it so it's not somehow justified by my actions attempting a save. Hopefully this guy was just being safe in his wording and if it crashed warranty would be honored.

I'm very happy with my solo and all my posts while sometimes discussing issues I've had show I'm a fan but I'd hope if my incident went the other way and it crashed I would get the service that's been promised. Maybe this was a fluke or since it's fine just a quick judgement but their info needs to be very accurate to confirm or deny a claim for near 2000 dollars once gimbal and hero are attached.

They've been good to me so far so I'll hope it continues and I keep being a very satisfied customer as I am now.

Curious how have others taken the replies they got from support tickets? Accurate info or not so much?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc