If you were planning to upgrade to a new drone...

I Don't know. Some don't like 5.0 because the Solo App can't fully control it. If i'm taking video I set the camera setting ahead of time and use a filter. Still photo's are set up totally different. I never want to switch back and forth in flight. The only thing that matters to me is that I can trigger the camera for stills or turn video recording on and off in flight. I doubt it's the Gopro firmware though. 5.0 is great for the control over video settings on the camera.

And firmware 5.0 also on the Gopro
Hmm...I'll check what version I have when I get home from work. Hopefully that's the culprit. I have to set everything before Solo takes off, in flight camera controls are only a dream for me so far. Would be nice to have some camera control while it's up in the air..

I think you will still have some basic adjustment with the Solo App. Its just 5.0 has a lot of extra settings that aren't available to access with the App.

Hopefully one of the veteran Solo users can shed some light on this but I'm just telling you my experience with the resolutions. Maybe there's some users that are able to use higher settings with successful fpv...not sure.
I have a GoPro 4 black that records 1k, 2.7k, and 4k ok on the Solo gimbal and displays ok on my Gopro attached screen, but anything above 1k/60fps has problems displaying on my old computer or tablet. I can process the videos down to 1k on the GoPro app and view them ok. Fast processors and video cards are needed for higher video rates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela